ERROR ON COMMAND SQUAD ABILITIES??

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Antabires

Antabires

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:57 PM

Is it possible that the following two command squad abilities have printing mistakes?

COMMAND SQUAD ABILITIES:

FIELD REPAIR MECHANICH (SKILL) THE MECHANIC CAN USE HIS TOOL TO REASSEMBLE A VEHICLE THAT WAS DESTROYED DURING THE BATTLE. PERFORM ONE SKILL ACTION AND ROLL ONE DIE. ON A CROSS RESULT THE PLAYER FIONISHES THE COMMAND SQUADS ATIVATION AND THEN IMMEDIATLY ACTIVATES THE REPAIRED VEHICLE, WHICH ENTERS THE BATTLEFIELD FROM ITS SIDES DEPLOYMENT SPACE. If radiomen is elimintaed the skill does not work. A mechanic can only sucesfully use this skill once per game.

Its strange to have the radio man as a prerequisite for this skill to function and once the vehicle is repaired it vanishes to be teleported to the side deployment space. Strange mmm?

COME ON GUYS WE ARE GOING BACK OUT THERE MEDIC (SKILL) THE MEDIC CAN USE HIS EQUIPMENT TO REVIVE AN ENTIRE SQUAD THAT WAS DESTROYED DURING THE BATTLE. PERFORM ONE SKILL ACTION AND ROLL ONE DIE. ON A CROSS RESULT THE PLAYER FIONISHES THE COMMAND SQUADS ATIVATION AND THEN IMMEDIATLY ACTIVATES THE REPAIRED VEHICLE, WHICH ENTERS THE BATTLEFIELD FROM ITS SIDES DEPLOYMENT SPACE. If the radiomen is elimitaed the skill odes not work. The medic cannot revive a hero. A medic can uuse this skill once per game.

The same happens with the medic skill, it has the radio men as a prerequisite for this skill to function and more that once the squad is healed/revived it vanishes to be teleported to the side deployment space so it can enter the battle.

Wouldnt it be more logical to raise on spot and do not require the radioman as prerequisite??

Or simply have a skill that we can "call reinforcement" that requires the radioman and make a squad or vehicle once per game to enter the battle.

Just my thought.

What do u thnik?

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Yes, the mechanics don't match the description. Rules-wise, there's no doubt that what's going on is the radioman calling for reinforcements, but they somehow wanted to tie the medic and mechanic into this, so it turned out a bit of a jumbled mess. I mean, I think the rules work great as they are, it's just that they don't really make sense with the explanation that the medic is healing a squad or the mechanic is fixing a disabled walker.

There's the same problem in the secondary medic ability, which brings back a single figure to a squad. If the medic was just reviving one of the fallen soldiers, why would he suddenly show up with a stash of ammo when he wakes up? Again, it works like a reinforcing trooper joining the battle, bringing more ammo with him.

#3 Antabires

Antabires

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yeap with these odd rules just grab a sniper and have fun with the radioman, its priority number one.

#4 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:41 PM

One thing that I've learnt from this game, ignore fluff and logic as they rarely coincide with the rules.

#5 Antabires

Antabires

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 01:35 AM

Indeed, i know that logic is not for boardgames, but maybe they can fix the misprint.. A fellow warrior told me that in operation Cyclone in the part that introduces the COMMAND SQUAD it simply refers to a call reinforcements ability that requires radio man and mechanic and radio man and medic to bring reinforcements once per game..-

Much more logical.

Obviosuly the revised core has a misprint error.

Cheers from argentina. 

#6 Gimp

Gimp

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 03:53 AM

I disagree that logic or commons sense have no place in gaming.  The process behind them may be obscure, as is the case for the abilities that started this thread, but there is both logic and common sense behind them.

Any game that ignores common sense or logic is a game that will never be considered a truly good game, however popular it may be in the market.

I wish that more effort was made to make the logic behind game concepts transparent, because it could go a long way toward combating the mangling of language used to creatively interpret rules based on wording to gain unrealistic advantages in gaming.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS