Custom Made Compact Recording Sheet

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 ThdChemist

ThdChemist

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:25 AM

I really enjoy the concepts of Endeavors and BC's Compacts. Here is a sheet I made up to help keep track of them. Basically you and your group would decide your objectives, as the GM you would record if a player's choice of a tertiary or personal objective, write down how each player will contribute to the mustering resource phase and come up with tests to assess success in each category. Once it is all said and done, I'm going to keep mine in an "evil" binder so my group and I can reference past attempts.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/psps11mlqf8c9l6/compactsheet.docx

Let me know what you think.

- Chemist

#2 Jackal_Strain

Jackal_Strain

• Members
  • 273 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:29 AM

I like it! simple and effective!

#3 ThdChemist

ThdChemist

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Have yet to put it in the Compact sheet I made, but just wanted to share a quick write up of a possible compact:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/zg8d62u1woug555/BCtest2.docx

- Chemist

#4 Cifer

Cifer

• Members
  • 2,790 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:32 AM

Have you thought about using some leathery something as a background and a few more interesting fonts? The idea for the sheet is pretty good, but I think it's lacking style, looking more like an office form than a pact sealing the doom of millions.

#5 N0-1_H3r3

N0-1_H3r3

Former Contributing Freelance Writer

• Members
  • 3,292 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 07:43 AM

Cifer said:

more like an office form than a pact sealing the doom of millions.

Which is, in and of itself, far too Imperial in nature - they're the ones that have office forms that deal the doom of millions, afterall.

Writing Credits for Fantasy Flight Games: Into the Storm, Edge of the Abyss, Battlefleet Koronus, Hostile Acquisitions, Black Crusade Core Rulebook, First Founding, The Jericho Reach, The Soul Reaver, Only War, The Navis Primer and Ark of Lost Souls

#6 ThdChemist

ThdChemist

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:44 AM

Heh,

As I said in an earlier post it is going to be a challenge for me to break away from the black and white of the Imperial perspective (I'm now hesitant to post my warband cross system tracking resource excel sheets. Not kidding). I guess my desire for perfection and symetry would put me soley under the sway of Slaanesh, minus the cheekless chaps.

That being said, I was thinking of these more along the lines of a GM tool/rulebook format. I'm big on immersive play, so for actual player "props" I think going with a more evil demonic looking contract is a great idea. Back when I was plotting out a RT campaign, I was going to make a lavish framed Warrant of Trade. Possibly having all the players sign the BC compact it by candle light or some such thing could be neat.

My normal group is very small, so I was planning on having a guide who would be perfect for facilitating these events. I can see him now weighed down with ancient scroll cases, Malignian raptor quills and cursed inks drawn from the leviathans of Furia.

Thanks for the input all,

- Chemist

#7 SneakySly

SneakySly

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 07:45 AM

"(I'm now hesitant to post my warband cross system tracking resource excel sheets. Not kidding). " PLEASE post those, highly interested!

#8 ThdChemist

ThdChemist

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 November 2011 - 03:40 PM

Thanks for the interest SneakySly,

http://www.mediafire.com/file/t2i1ooasshn68fy/chaos.xlsx

Now.....this is most definitely a work in progress. I came up with the idea when designing a RT trader campaign. I really wanted the idea of a massive background dynasty to be churning away behind the main play, and kind of have a simple "sim empire" at the end of each session. Getting my hands on the BC book immediately had me modifying my system.

The way it works is that players will use acquisition tests to bolster their resources on each world. Each world will offer unique units, as well as a core denoted with "all" in origin, that can be transferred to different systems if the Heretics have a void ship, or some other means of transport. In addition, the plot can reward the player with Unique Crusader Units. In the example workbook, it seems as though our heretics have rallied the Xurunt at the Scarred Steppe, possibly by bringing down waves of savage allied Ork Freebooters and Berin Mercenary Greenskins (tough and not as gaudy as the freebooters). In addition, Heavy Aether Craft from Q'Sal are supporting the efforts from the skies, raking the enemy with arcane shells and bolts of energy.

So....who cares? The whole purpose is to make opposing infamy tests against rival factions in each planetary territory. Each unit has stats which will combine with random numbers to generate an infamy bonus for each opposing warlord. After each "Conquest" after game phase, each unit will loose a subtract a random number (first column in attrition) AND add a random number (second column) to its status percent to a max of 100%. For a unit to contribute its Infamy bonus it must roll equal to or under its status on a d100.

If the difference in attrition values is equal to the units Break (BRK) value, the unit immediately leaves your service for any number of reasons. The first four columns represent the scale of acquistion. For each step up the scale, the units starting status increases by 25%.

The second workbook is kind of my workbench, where I have written down random ideas for core, planetary and unique units. I have yet to set the stats up, but my group will eventually have a warband spread out across many territories in a dozen systems. There are however going to be NPC warbands with similar forces that will compete for resources. Lastly, acquistion of resources will be tied to certain systems. So in rolling for that large amount of flak armor it is up to the player to decide which battlefield to send it to, or move one of their void ships to transfer it.

Where the acquistion roll is made will affect how difficult a resource is to acquire. So for example, a player can acquire Barons of Forge Polix at the Hallows, but must figure out how to get them to their battlegrounds on the Flaming Tomb. Remember to that this is on a grand scale. I'm sure a group of Barons of Forge Polix could find their own way across the Vortex, but their entry encompasses dark archeotec labs, legions of serfs, equipment, mobile laboratoriums, etc.

The mechanics still need some major tuning, so any input would be great. Also, the warband represented in the Scarred Steppe example would already be of considerable Infamy. A starting warband may have just a handful of core units on only a few battlefields.

- Chemist

#9 SneakySly

SneakySly

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 01 December 2011 - 09:22 AM

Sweet! Thanks for this. I will probably steel some ideas for use on my own. I will post feedback later.

EDIt: Keep me updated, I would like to see how this develops!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS