Seasons

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Capussa

Capussa

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 10:53 AM

Does anyone know which chapter packs the cards are for changing the season?

I have a few cards with season specific rules, but as yet no cards for changing the season, my gf plays starks & she complains that the cards are useless without as we do not have any season cards as yet

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 745 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 11:14 AM

Not really a rules question. The cards you're looking for are 

"Crown of Winter" (Lords of Winter)
"Crown of Mereen" (Queen of Dragons)
"Crown of Azor Ahai" (Kings of the Storm)
"Black Raven" (A song of Summer)
"White Raven" (The winds of winter)

There are a number of "Staple" season-cards played with them; Carrion Birds (Song of Summer & Winds of Winter), "A Time for Ravens" (A Change of Seasons).

#3 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,334 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:49 PM

Carrion Bird is also often used as a counter to seasons, as it is a Raven card that can shuffle a Raven card from play into its owner's deck (the Black and White Ravens are immune to non-Raven cards). Another card that can counter seasons is Ill Tidings from Illyrio's Gift. The Crowns are less used than the Ravens because the Ravens take precedence over them (it's in the Crowns' text) and they can only attach to unique characters from specific Houses (Winter to Stark, Meereen to Targaryen and Azor Ahai to Baratheon). Another card commonly run in season decks is Samwell Tarly from the Raven's Song, who lets you draw 2 cards when a Raven card is played (unfortunately, the pack contains only a single copy of him).

#4 Rogue Cypher

Rogue Cypher

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:53 PM

Capussa said:

I have a few cards with season specific rules, but as yet no cards for changing the season, my gf plays starks & she complains that the cards are useless without as we do not have any season cards as yet

Capussa said:

All of the Chapter Packs that heavily consist of Seasons cards are from the "A Time Of Ravens" Chapter Pack Cycle:

o A Song Of Summer - This Chapter Pack has the "Black Raven" which makes it Summer.

o The Winds Of Winter - This Chapter Pack has the "White Raven" which makes it Winter.

o A Change Of Seasons

o The Raven's Song

o Refugees Of War

o Scattered Armies

Also, in order to get the Crowns that also change Seasons (Crown Of Winter, Crown Of Azor Ahai, Crown Of Meereen) you must buy the three Deluxe Expansions for the game:

o Lords Of Winter - Winter

o Kings Of The Storm - Azor Ahai

o Queen Of Dragons - Meereen

For reference of the Cards you get in each of these Chapter Packs/Expansions, use this database: www.cardgamedb.com/index.php/GoTCards.html

#5 kauai1964

kauai1964

• Members
  • 360 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 04:52 PM

White Raven - Winds of Winter Chapter Pack

Black Raven - A Song of Summer Chapter Pack

Crown of Winter - Lords of Winter Expansion

Crown of Azor Ahai - Kings of the Storm Expansion

Crown of Mereen - Queen of Dragons Expansion

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS