Favorite Hero and Squad Combo

• Please log in to reply
50 replies to this topic

#1 ReaverRandall

ReaverRandall

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 16 November 2011 - 11:55 PM

what''s your favorite combo for hero and squad?

mine is ozz and the tank busters good mix of anti-infantry and anti-tank and with heroic action reactive fire and CC are totally ignored. this will be one of my most evil units when the ncos and combat stims are released...its already a mean combo now but with combat stims OH BOY!

#2 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 01:03 AM

So far my favourite combo is Rosie and the Crack Shots. The sniper gets some extra survavibility to remove the enemy's best figures from their squads, while Rosie becomes a truly fearsome tank threat with the spotter ability giving her a 0.66 chance of killing a medium walker. That's the equivalent of a 8/1 roll, same as the Punisher.

#3 arkangl

arkangl

• Members
  • 418 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:28 PM

For Allies my favorite combo is the same Loop but for Axis it's Stephan with Sniper Grenadiers. He gives them Assault and quickly get closer to the enemy. Then use his flame thrower combined with spotter is deadly for any model.

#4 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Humm... pairing a long range sniper with a range 1 flamethrower... not sure this is the smartest thing to do. At least Rosie has some range to her bazooka.

Once Angela is released, pairing her with the Snipers will be a no-brainer. That will be a VERY deadly combination.

#5 Wombattangofoxtrot

Wombattangofoxtrot

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 05:57 AM

I have too many fond (and painful) memories of Sigrid and the Laser Grenadiers killing everyone to not go with them.

#6 ktj1138

ktj1138

• Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 12:02 PM

I am mainly an Allied player and stick mostly to OZZ & Tank Busters or Joe and the Hell Boys (looking forward to combining The Chef with the Hell Boys).

However, the honest to God best combo I have ever used was when I used an Axis army and combined Sigrid with the Snipers Grenadiers. Eliminated 2 full 5 man squads in 1 turn after a reactivation from the Kommandotrupp. Very lethal combo.

#7 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:07 PM

Yeah, the Spotter skill is a real killer.

#8 Jochen Fleischer

Jochen Fleischer

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 09:09 PM

I'm an Axis player, lately I've been using Lara and Heavy Laser Grenadiers.

#9 Dmitri Alekseev

Dmitri Alekseev

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:35 AM

Im an Allies player. So far Ive been using Joe with the bbq squad and hellboys...that combo has been deadly. Adding extra life // hit points to the squad and once moving cloe range can take out 1 walker and 1 full squad in 1 turn. usually my opponents stay away from them as much as possible. Also when The Chef comes along he will be a great addition to either of the boith BBQ and HB.and also planning to use The Priest with them as well. Having thoughts of using OZZ with either Tank busters or Grim Reapers. also looking forward to combine Rhino and Grim Reapers which has a combination of anti-tank and deadly infantry attack which also includes berzerk.

#10 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 12:45 AM

I'm thinking Ozz might be a good combination with The Hammers. They are both Range 1 units, and Ozz can use his Heroic Attack to protect them from C retaliation during a whole round (all the better if you manage to reactivate them that round).

#11 ReaverRandall

ReaverRandall

• Members
  • 75 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 04:56 AM

The point of putting Ozz with the tank busters vs the hammers is that you don't lose anything versus infantry because the bazookas hit the same as the rocket punches. they are actually a boon against infantry in that case because you can eliminate some units before you enter close combat.  Plus you can jump Ozz and Tank Busters into the fray against some infantry and still shoot at Walkers 2 -3 squares away in the same turn. I have used them to really butcher the axis lines a few times. If the dice cooperate you can really launch a devastating attack.

#12 dl757477

dl757477

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:21 AM

So this forum brings up some cool options I need to try out.  This is probably a stupid question, but if the spotter dies, his ability goes with him?

#13 Gimp

Gimp

• Members
  • 559 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 02:35 AM

dl757477 said:

So this forum brings up some cool options I need to try out.  This is probably a stupid question, but if the spotter dies, his ability goes with him?

That's correct.

#14 Frenchman

Frenchman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 05:03 PM

I have found that Ozz and the Red Devils is an extremely dangerous combo recently. It gives the devils the speed they lack - and the heroic attack allows them to cause problems for the other person. 

#15 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 10:19 PM

Gimp said:

dl757477 said:

That's correct.

You would have thought so but the rules do not say that.  As far as I can see the Spotter ability is not assigned to one model so the whole unit has it (same as Agile).  So Spotter is not lost when only the sniper is left on the table.

#16 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:07 AM

Frenchman said:

I have found that Ozz and the Red Devils is an extremely dangerous combo recently. It gives the devils the speed they lack - and the heroic attack allows them to cause problems for the other person. 

You're actually NOT allowed to pair Ozz with the Red Devils. Ozz has Jump, while the Red Devils do not, so they can't be grouped together.

#17 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 12:53 AM

Major Mishap said:

You would have thought so but the rules do not say that.  As far as I can see the Spotter ability is not assigned to one model so the whole unit has it (same as Agile).  So Spotter is not lost when only the sniper is left on the table.

Hummm... that deesn't make sense at all. Sounds more like exploiting a loophole for me, cause it's pretty obvious that the spotter is supposed to be the guy with the binoculars, if he's not there anymore, no spotter. By that same logic you could say that the spotter also has the Sniper ability, after all, the rules don't specify that it is the guy carrying the sniper rifle that exclusively possesses that ability.

#18 Major Mishap

Major Mishap

• Members
  • 1,727 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 01:18 AM

I'm currently loving Marcus and the Apes, they do an aweful amount of damage against anything they come across.

#19 Loophole Master

Loophole Master

• Members
  • 1,938 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:06 AM

Major Mishap said:

I'm currently loving Marcus and the Apes, they do an aweful amount of damage against anything they come across.

Yeah, and with Markus' 6 health, they can take quite a beating. They just keep coming!

#20 Frenchman

Frenchman

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:21 AM

Loophole Master said:

Frenchman said:

You're actually NOT allowed to pair Ozz with the Red Devils. Ozz has Jump, while the Red Devils do not, so they can't be grouped together.

Thanks for catching that - not sure how I missed it. No one in my group has had much use for the "Jump" ability so it is not usually paid any mind. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS