• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 10:55 AM

This is my new custom AO, supplied by his optional herald and institution.

That's cursed table-talk, and I'll stick you, if you don't shut it down, see?'

#2 Julia

Julia

I survived Avi's apocalypse

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:53 AM

MNT, it's interesting, but too long and complex. My suggestion is to post the AO in the AO thread, the Herald in the Herald thread, and the Institution in the Institution thread. You'll have a greater visibility and a better feedback. Just specify all these things are linked one to another, so people can check.

As for me, I can give you a feedback, but in a looooong time, I need to spend at least two hours trying to figure out everything and I don't have them right now. Be (really) patient, and post them in the other threads.

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]
Custom Arkham Horror material / Arkham Horror Advanced Players League

#3 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

I did as you asked. 

#4 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:01 AM

I don't know, I'm glad they're all in the same post for initial reading ;') had I done it, I probably would have posted all three in all three threads since they work together. (Not that I know 'cause I still haven't read them).

#5 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 07:22 AM

Interesting.  It's like a scenario...  There are so many factors in it, it's hard for me to know how they'd play out without actually playing the game.  I do kind of worry that the AO will be a bit difficult in final combat.  Then again, maybe it won't.  So...  First of all, the picture for the Ancient One ;') we *have* to find you something better (and it shouldn't be that hard, there are lots of zombie pictures on google images and deviantart).

One potential gameplay modification for the herald, add in one of the nastier monsters into the undead cup, perhaps shoggoth.  A 5 toughness fast stalking shoggoth would be a monster to behold :'D

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Cultists are to be treated as identical to Zombies?

I'll help you edit your text too so everything is more concise and the wording is smoother.

I'm actually really looking forward to trying this out, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.  Hmmm...  Now which investigators will I pick?  I think Tommy, Rita, Kate, and Harvey.  And if Tommy passes his mission, I'll replace him with Minh Thi Phan (clearly she survived the zombie invasion because she had high speed, cardio, cardio is very important vs. zombies).

#6 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 08:43 AM

Avi_dreader said:

Interesting.  It's like a scenario...  There are so many factors in it, it's hard for me to know how they'd play out without actually playing the game.  I do kind of worry that the AO will be a bit difficult in final combat.  Then again, maybe it won't.  So...  First of all, the picture for the Ancient One ;') we *have* to find you something better (and it shouldn't be that hard, there are lots of zombie pictures on google images and deviantart).

One potential gameplay modification for the herald, add in one of the nastier monsters into the undead cup, perhaps shoggoth.  A 5 toughness fast stalking shoggoth would be a monster to behold :'D

And correct me if I'm wrong, but Cultists are to be treated as identical to Zombies?

I'll help you edit your text too so everything is more concise and the wording is smoother.

I'm actually really looking forward to trying this out, it sounds like it'd be a lot of fun.  Hmmm...  Now which investigators will I pick?  I think Tommy, Rita, Kate, and Harvey.  And if Tommy passes his mission, I'll replace him with Minh Thi Phan (clearly she survived the zombie invasion because she had high speed, cardio, cardio is very important vs. zombies).

I'm very picky as for the art, and this is one of the best I found so far.

AO Itself increases all undead monster's toughness by 1. Heralds does it too. So there is already 5 toughness stalkers vampires if you play with the herald.

Yes, Cultists have all of the zombie stats except for being spawn. They're placed in the main monster cup and can appear from the gates, etc.

Jim Culver.

#7 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 10:32 AM

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Avi_dreader said:

I'm very picky as for the art, and this is one of the best I found so far.

AO Itself increases all undead monster's toughness by 1. Heralds does it too. So there is already 5 toughness stalkers vampires if you play with the herald.

Yes, Cultists have all of the zombie stats except for being spawn. They're placed in the main monster cup and can appear from the gates, etc.

Jim Culver.

Jim Culver would undermine the game.  I specifically banned use of Jim Culver on an undead herald I made.  There's only one vampire in the cup, and it still wouldn't be that big a deal.  5 toughness monsters aren't that hard to kill unless they have double immunities or resistances.

http://savagezombie.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=24

I used one the pictures (heavily snipped and modified) for my zombie herald, but there's quite a bit of stuff there to work with.

His zombies crowd at night picture is quite good...  It might require a bit of size adjustment to make it display well as an AO photo.

#8 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:25 AM

Avi_dreader said:

I don't know, I'm glad they're all in the same post for initial reading ;') had I done it, I probably would have posted all three in all three threads since they work together. (Not that I know 'cause I still haven't read them).

::laughter:: yeah, they could work also together, but anyway, it's better to have them in the sticky threads just to avoid the oblivion of page 2

We have dragged Reason from her Throne and set in her place the Empress of Dreams [liber Endvra]

#9 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:27 AM

Avi_dreader said:

clearly she survived the zombie invasion because she had high speed, cardio, cardio is very important vs. zombies

::rofl:: I'd say, it's rule number 1 to survive the zombie apocalypse

As for Tommy... rule 17: Don't be a hero. But this can be broken

#10 Julia

Julia

• Members
  • 6,412 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 11:30 AM

MNT: thanks for posting them even in the sticky threads :-) I hope many will leave you a good feedback :-)

As a side note: when you post an image, if you specify under "width" 600, the image will fit perfectly your post, so images can be seen in their entirety immediately :-)

#11 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:08 PM

Wraiths and Mummy also possess some good stats and having 3 base toughness both.

Those pictures look too *modern* to me.

Thanks for the advice, Julia.

#12 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 12:46 PM

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Those pictures look too *modern* to me.

/QUOTE]

You can snip out parts of them with modern clothing.  Anyway, your creation, your choice.

#13 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

the Opener of Ways

• Members
  • 2,019 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 01:13 AM

Wow, you just put your entire post, including the signature, inside the quote 

#14 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 517 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 02:42 AM

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

Easy to do, as this forum software is terrible.

#15 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

• Members
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 08:22 AM

MyNeighbourTrololo said:

::Laughter:: Whoops.  It happens.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS