Help finding artwork thread...

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Jake yet again

Jake yet again

• Members
  • 617 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 11:46 AM

I'm struggling to find a few images at present, so I thought I'd post in this forum and see if anyone else came up with anything. Additionally I figure I'm not the only person that struggles with this issue, so starting an "art sought" thread probably wasn't a bad idea.

Specifically I'm looking for the following:

• A 1920s bullet proof vest or "flak jacket"
  • A cosh - which you'd think would be easy with pulp fiction replete with "...and then everything went black..."
  • A baseball bat
  • A Winchester Rifle
  • A being from Xiclotl

I dislike photographs and cartoon style in AH cards. Frankly, they just look out of place.

However, whilst google is a wonderful tool, it sucks when it comes to using google images. Deviant Art has a far better categorisation system, but I've still found it limitted in quantity (and quality in some cases). Sometimes searching on artist names can come up trumps... but that requires knowing the name of suitable artist and relying on them having painted, say, a pulp hero being bashed over the head with a blackjack.

What are your top tips for finding suitable art from the internet?

Lovecraft Country Horror - A completely FREE Big Box expansion for Arkham Horror, exploring the minor locations of the Cthulhu Mythos. Contains: Lovecraft Country Board, 16 Investigators, 4 Ancient Ones, 16 Skills, 32 Common Items, 24 Unique Items, 10 Spells, 16 Music of Erich Zann cards, 76 Leads, 4 Allies, 32 Monsters, 24 Injuries and Madnesses, 54 Mythos Cards, 41 Outer World Encounters, 52 Location Encounters for each Neighbourhood.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS