The Hunters of the Apocalypse: A Gritty, Dirty Game of B-Movie Chaos

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TkNyarlathotep

TkNyarlathotep

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 09 November 2011 - 02:19 PM

Hello friends. In just two weeks (Saturday, Nov. 19, 2011) I will be running my first session of IRL Black Crusade. My first post about the game is here. Ever since the original post I have been planning obsessively with backstory, character notes, trailers for the characters, and more. I figured I'd post the two trailer notes for the "mission command" character and the one who's going to be looking over them to report back. I'll also post the general backstory and so on.

Athaliah’s Last Stand
In the grim darkness of the 42nd Millenium, there is only war. Big, bloody, horrible war. Tales of rage and revenge, sagas of furious warriors coming to a brutal end, promises of brief and fleeting rewards for those who achieve only the greatest of tasks. Yet despite the effort it took to gain them, despite how brief the pleasure they earn may be, and despite the fact that even a moment away from their prize could see it taken away forever, these rewards are pleasing indeed, and can last a lifetime in the minds of those that earn them.

In the Apocalyptus Sector, 4000 lightyears north of the Eye of Terror, one man, a former Commissar turned Chaos Warlord, has come out of retirement for one last hurrah. Jared Athaliah is his name, and he promises a war like no other, a war where the rewards will be sweet and long-lasting. He promises glory, strength, and power to anyone who would join him.

He’s sent a petition to the Master of the Black Legion, Abbadon the Despoiler. For his last act of war before, what he hopes, is a heroic death, he shall wage a war so bloody and violent, and claim such great glory for Chaos, the Black Legion will have no choice but to concede to his warband’s dominance and allow them all to become a part of the Black Legion.

Seeing this petition, he found himself pleased. Still there remained some loyal to the cause of Chaos. And so, Abbadon sent a Chaos Sorcerer by the name of Aziraphael to aid the Commissar. Though Athaliah would lead, Aziraphael would oversee and report back to Abbadon.

Athaliah’s legion has chosen it’s name and is gathering members. Time will tell if The Hunters of the Apocalypse will rule the day and join the Black Legion, or be yet another outfit swept under the carpet by the might of the False Emperor.

Jared Athaliah, Age 240
The Kommissar, Champion of Khorne, General Badass

Corrupted by the powers he once opposed,
Dirmanus, an immense Bloodletter, grabs the loyalist Athaliah and jams him into a wound on his throat.

Betrayed by his dark master,
Shot of Athaliah in Chaos regalia taking off Dirmanus’ head.
He went on a path of war,
Athaliah leads an army of heretics across a battlefield, cutting away instants before they strike the Guard.
They thought he was unstoppable. They thought wrong.
Shot of Ulric, a Space Marine Librarian of the Imperial Fists, ripping off Athaliah’s arm. Flash-cut to Ulric beating Athaliah savagely, then fade to black.
And when they thought it was over...HE CAME BACK.
Shot of a war council organizing a battle plan. One removes his hood, revealing Athaliah, partially mechanical after his "death.
"
Jared Athaliah is...
Shot of Athaliah and the rest of the party standing on a hill as a battle rages around them.

A Hunter of the Apocalypse.
Rated X by an All-Imperial Jury

Aziraphael
Servant of the Black Crusade, Herald of Abbadon, Mutant Sorcerer

Loyal to Horus,
Shot of the Luna Wolves bowing to Horus at a great ceremony.
His spirit broken,
Shot of the Sons of Horus fleeing the palace on Terra, with one stopping briefly to look at the shattered, smoking throne room high above.
He swore to avenge his fallen father.
Shot of Aziraphael donning his Black Legion helm and looking up, eyes glinting red.
Serving the Black Legion under Abaddon the Despoiler, he fights for vengeance.
Shot of him tearing a tank in half with psychic energy, throwing the halves into a group of Cadians.
Now, seeking an alliance, only through him can the Black Legion join forces with...
Shot of him standing on a war-torn hill, just behind Abaddon the Despoiler with other Black Legionnaires.
The Hunters of the Apocalypse.
Rated X by an All-Imperial Jury.

I also have some movie trailers planned for before the first session begins. I'll post those as soon as I post the notes for the first session. I'm really excited about this endeavour, and just wanted to keep a log of it somewhere besides my computer. New notes next week! I'll try to answer anything that comes in the mean time.

#2 1c33m4k3r

1c33m4k3r

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 November 2011 - 12:12 PM

I'm not a fan of Exploitation films, myself. I found "Hobo With A Shotgun" pretty horrifying...

But I can respect what you are aiming for. If there's any game setting that lends itself well to ultraviolence for the sake of it, it would be the Warhammer 40,000 universe. Interested to see what characters your players make and how they plan to contribute to the Hunters' crusade.

#3 TkNyarlathotep

TkNyarlathotep

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 15 November 2011 - 07:31 AM

Thus far I have all but two characters turned in, with one still in the planning process and the other having a fleshed out concept. I need to get a character trailer from the players themselves, but otherwise we're very nearly good to go. The game itself starts this Friday, so I'm pretty stoked about that.

Exploitation really isn't everybody's cup of tea, it tends to be a little nastier than most people like, but if you enjoy it then chances are this will appeal. What I have for players is...

A Slaaneshii human with his eye on the Sisters of Battle over the extermination of his home due to a slight deviation from Imperial protocol.

A former Thousand Sun, turned to a spinoff chapter when they arrived far too late for the burning of Prospero.

A Tzeentchian tech-priest who saved Jared Athaliah's life and attached a daemon weapon to his left arm.

An Unaligned mercenary contractor and warlord who's only recently dipping into Chaos.

A Night Lord who's tasked himself with the defense of a little girl, both of whom share similarly troubled pasts.

And some manner of Khorne marine.

Their trailers haven't exactly been fleshed out yet, but we'll work on that.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS