Guard works when the "guard" is downed?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Mordechai

Mordechai

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:17 PM

My guard is downed. Can I active his Guard ability when it's in this condition? Or the player has to be standing to active Guard?

More in general, abilities on downed players can be activated anyway or the player has to be standing for it?

Thx

#2 myrm

myrm

• Members
  • 211 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:42 PM

The text is there but players lose their abilities when downed....p.11 of the rule book, right hand column, first paragraph.

So no guarding when downed.

#3 Mordechai

Mordechai

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 08:56 PM

Sorry guys, my fault!

I don't know how but i've missed it... thanks

#4 NTLBagpuss

NTLBagpuss

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 10:30 PM

myrm said:

The text is there but players lose their abilities when downed….p.11 of the rule book, right hand column, first paragraph.

So no guarding when downed.

Although you have to be sensible with that rule and the timing obviously Sure Hands and Fend work before the player gets downed and loses those abilities.

#5 LinkavichChumofsky

LinkavichChumofsky

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 April 2014 - 04:05 PM

"sure hands", if it applied to a downed player then when that player would become injured the ball would be ejected outa the game with em lol

#6 MyNeighbourTrololo

MyNeighbourTrololo

• Members
  • 1,691 posts

Posted 24 April 2014 - 01:24 AM

It wouldn't as there is nothing about not losing the ball when getting injured.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS