Best Scores/Investigator Combo?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 11:10 AM

My best so far is 5040 with Darrell, Gloria, Carolyn and the Doctor, over 30 turns.  1 Elder Sign purchased (which is low for my typical win).

Admittedly not +3 doomers came up, though I spent most of first day running around after "at midnight" effects.

Rob

#2 Siroccote

Siroccote

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 10:58 PM

Sorry? not +3 doomers appears?

I ALWAYS get +3 Doomers !!

#3 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:51 AM

Best is 5210, no idea how I got it though- does the game store any stats other than score?

#4 valvorik

valvorik

• Members
  • 2,008 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 03:21 AM

Sorry typo, "no plus 3" dormers is what I meant.

My best score is with Gloria, Joe, Bob and Dexter at 5665.   Most of my wins are in the 4000's, and yes the 3 dormers usually show up.  Curator appearing off the top never a good sign.

I have won10 of the last 14 games, random investigator teams.

#5 Siroccote

Siroccote

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 09:15 AM

Yes, "usually" but I always get them so the game is imposible...

How do you do to make less than 3 appear?

#6 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 519 posts

Posted 20 November 2011 - 07:24 PM

Siroccote said:

You request from FFG that they change the app to remove that possibility.  Way too harsh and random to get hit with those.  A steadier stream of 1 doom token and the occasional 2 at once would be great. But 3 at once is too many.

And the scoring system is almost completely meaningless.  It really needs to be changed, or removed entirely and replaced with a simple won/lost tracker which would be much more useful.

#7 VenomPlug

VenomPlug

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:00 AM

4,612 so far. Using Harvey, Mandy, Pete and B. Jenkins. All Elder Signs earned via Adventures.

#8 VenomPlug

VenomPlug

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 10:08 AM

Siroccote said:

Update your version dude. Early versions have this annoying 3xDoom per midnight stuff, which make the game almost impossible to win. Later versions are more balanced.

#9 zero2one

zero2one

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 16 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

Got 5845

Would have been 200 more if the game would not have crashed in the last round. After restarting the session the clock striked midnight although there were 2 further inverstigators waiting for their turn before the crash. At midnight I got 2 further dooms :(

My combination was: Gloria, Jenny, Dexter, Monterey (this was the first time a was not using a random set of investigators)

I think its quite easy to get high scores (if the +dooms are not to extreme).

1. Just dont by anything and use the time to chase for more trophies (in this game each investigator had 15-20 trophies left)

2. take investigators that get additional items (like Dexter and Monterey) and

3. finish with the +3 Elder Sign other world event (I forgot the name but this will give you 16 elder signs at the end). 

4. finish not before 3 additional dooms would end the game (I was quite lucky that my crash was not giving me +3)

5. try to open other worlds as fast as possible (that's pure luck but investigators with additional items have good chances to get them)

With regard to point 2 I should have used Bob instead of Gloria or Jenny but they are so strong because of the yellow and red dice all the time 

This strategy is pushing me most of the time to a score of ~5000 (even with random teams)

#10 Quoc An

Quoc An

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:11 AM

Hello everyone!

I got 20,140 scores in CThulhu campain. I only used one investigator: Marie Lambeau "Witch Blood". Since the last update, 1.1.5, the game become significant easier. During this play, I didn't get any +3 dooms midnight effect. Usually, I got stamina/sanity decreased or +doom for each deep ones available and only a few time, got +2 doom. Beside, I got a significant number of -1 doom relic adventure rewards. I made few mistakes: 1- trigger +1 doom terror effect, only one time. 2- allow +2 doom midnight effect of an adventure to be triggered, only one time. 3- I finish the game with 3 dooms token have not been taken yet. If I didn't make these mistakes, my scores can be much higher. But the semi-final Euro football game between Portugal and Spain distract me ^^. I must admitted that, Marie Lambeau's ability "Witch Blood" is too powerful. In my opinion, she is the best investigator. My strategies:

1- Read help guide, it is very useful, from main menu, select HELP->HELP GUIDE

2-Focus on adventure with elder signs rewards, until you have nearly enough elder signs. But don't focus too much on these adventures if you don't have "enough" items to ensure a victory. So, it is good to defeat easy adventures first to get enough items, particular common and Unique items, because more glyphs are always better. Save COMMON and UNIQUE items for hard adventures.

2- Solve locked Glyph as soon as possible, solve adventures with harmful midnight effects and kill monsters that generate harmful effect at midnight before midnight.

3- Sometime, you need to recover your stamina and/or sanity, or buy items. It best to do that IN THE TURN BEFORE MIDNIGHT. Because in that turn, if you solve one adventure, maybe another adventure with midnight effect appears and midnight come right away, triggers that bad effect.

4- Save items that can HEAL your stamina/sanity or both, these items are invaluable, particular in adventures that random take away 0-3 sanity/stamina, combine with one more sanity and/or stamina reduce when you finish or fail that adventure, the result can be sudden dead. And save items that allow you to ALTER GLYPH.

5- When you come to the ocean in Cthulhu campaign, try to find all the amulets before enter R'lyeh.

Here, I save some pictures. You can see how many and what items i have before final battle, and the amount of money, and the final scores:

http://i1048.photobucket.com/albums/s372/TifaRO/SC20120628-053439.png
http://i1048.photobu...0628-053502.png
http://i1048.photobu...0628-053618.png
http://i1048.photobu...0628-053906.png
http://i1048.photobu...0628-053922.png
http://i1048.photobu...0628-053941.png

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#11 hairpin

hairpin

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 10:18 AM

I have no idea about turns etc…. but I beat the Cthulhu encounter last night for the first time with 4530, which is good for me. I'd rather gogogogo as fast as possible more than anything. 

My fave investigators are Wilson Richards, Mark Harrigan, Kate Winthrop, and Marie Lambeau. I like using Gloria when not going for Cthulhu.

#12 johnny shoes

johnny shoes

• Members
  • 964 posts

Posted 07 September 2012 - 06:52 PM

HOLY SMOKES   !!!!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS