Tutorial videos

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Hawksbill

Hawksbill

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 08:09 AM

Unfortunately the help / tutorial videos are not playing at all on my Android device (Samsung Galaxy Player 5.0).  Is there a link where I can watch them from my PC (or a fix to allow me to watch them on my Android?)  Thanks.

#2 mutantdie

mutantdie

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 12:13 PM

No videos at all playing on my xoom!!

#3 Nyox

Nyox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 03:15 AM

No videos are available on android version.. I think.

#4 BPB

BPB

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:07 AM

The videos don't play on my Nook Color (Cyanogenmod 7) either.  Game otherwise works fine.  A link on this site to the tutorial videos would be helpful; I don't have to watch them on my device but I would like to know what's going on!

#5 BPB

BPB

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:14 AM

Hey, check out YouTube!  This seems to be all of the tutorial videos, uploaded by some helpful person.

#6 vorpal318

vorpal318

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 07:05 AM

Win/fail end game videos are playing on my Galaxy Tab 10.1", but none of the tutorial.

#7 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:46 PM

Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1"

The videos not playing may have something to do with the fact that they appear to be in Quicktime Format.

Com one FFG...why would the developer not reformat the vidoes into something other thatn Quicktime?  FFS, thats an Apple format guys.

Seriously, as nice as the rest of the game is you shouldn't have overlooked this.  It's so easy to reencode movies.

#8 broknsword

broknsword

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 05:27 PM

Also having problems viewing the tutorial videos on my Droid 2.

#9 Mabus

Mabus

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 November 2011 - 07:49 AM

Still couldn't see the videos even after FFG updated the app to use *.3gp format videos, but after some tinkering I was able to get the videos to work on my Nook Color running CM7.1!

I just copied the *.3gp videos to my pc- On my nook the video files were located on my microsd card in /Android/data/com.fantasyflightgames.ESAndroid/files. 

Then I opened up Handbrake and converted the videos using the ipod preset. 

Removed the "-1" that handbrake always adds to the end of filenames as well as changed the extension from *.m4v to *3gp. 

Make sure the resulting files have the exact same filename as the originals!

Copied the new video files back to their original location on my device, and now the videos work!

I experimented with a few different video formats- standard mp4, h.264, but the ipod format was the first to actually work.  I also set the anamorphic to strict for the intro, lose, and win videos but reduced the resolution on the tutorials to 640x480.  I tried running the tutorial videos at full resolution, but my nook wouldn't play them right until I reduced the resolution.

Be sure to backup the original video files just in case something goes wrong!

Anyways, thats what worked for me and I hope its helpful to you guys!

#10 ansgar

ansgar

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 07 December 2011 - 12:05 PM

Mabus, I just registered so that I could thank you. You're a genius!

Best regards 

#11 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 08 January 2012 - 02:36 PM

Yes, thanks!    
ksahdlahdkahsakghdsad (thats just nonsense b/c the post was too short)

#12 hypes057

hypes057

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 05:07 AM

I partially followed Mabus's solution - instead I download Freemake Video Converter, dropped the original videos in, exported as the Android preset (no changes) and overwrote the originals. No problems now. 

#13 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 31 March 2012 - 07:33 AM

Me, I just press "play." Of course, I've got a real device.

iOS, FTW.

#14 MeSako

MeSako

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 April 2012 - 05:21 PM

I play on a Sony Ericcson Xperia (Android), and the videos works perfectly.. ..

#15 Druaightagh

Druaightagh

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 June 2012 - 12:59 AM

This problem still occurring (on NATPC M009S MID tablet, running current version of ICS): it just fails to play any of the games movies at all.  Manually modifying files shouldn't be necessary, especially for a paid for product, and what looks to be after a good length of time.

Happy to accept it might be something to do with my tablet of course, but I will carry on my search in more appropriate forums for answers to the general question of what might cause in game movies to fail on Android however.  Appreciate any help you can give FFG / fellow forum members.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS