There's a certain joy in a neat, clean character sheet, with everything in its place and no erase marks marring your beautiful stats. Sadly, this is a joy that many people are not given the privilege of knowing, since many people have messy, illegible handwriting, and a tendency to make mistakes when making changes to their sheets (this very much includes myself). So I went ahead and created an alternate Deathwatch character sheet that doubles as a fill-able PDF form.
This character sheet makes use of many of the elements of the original Deathwatch character sheets and in fact I only made a few changes, detailed below:
- Removed the Characteristic Bar from the second page. In my experience, I would always make a change to one page, then forget to change the other page similarly, and come back later to find out I don't remember which number is correct.
- Compressed the size of the Skills table to leave a little breathing room on the sides. Added a category for "Miscellaneous Modifiers" to all Skills and Skill Groups. Added several new lines for additional Forbidden Lores, Scholastic Lores, and Tactics.
- Moved Wounds, Movement, and Fate Points to the second page. Renown and Experience were moved to the first page. I did everything I could to keep all the combat stuff on one page, with the exception of Characteristics.
- Combined the text for the Multi-Lung, Mucranoid, Oolotic Kidney, and Preomnor to cluster all Toughness-related skill modifiers in one place. Reworded several Space Marine abilities for clarity.
- Rearranged several of the items on page two to create more space for additional Talents and Gear. Replaced the Psychic Powers list with Deeds & Distinctions. Psychic Powers are now their own separate page. Added a "Notes" category at the bottom of the
- Added a block for Force Fields with the Armour stats.
- The character sheets now incorporate various Warhammer 40k artwork found around the web. I do not take credit for any of these background images, nor the border around the sheets (taken from FFG's own sheets). If you are the original owner of this artwork and wish it removed, please get in touch with me
Please let me know what you think!