List of supported Android devices

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 dorianm

dorianm

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:52 PM

I wanted to buy Omens on Android Market, and saw that id did not appear. Then, I went through the FFG site to reach its page and receive notification that it is not compatible with my device (Samsung Galaxy Ace, Android 2.3.3). Isn't it supposed to work on everything with 2.2 and above? Is the notification false? It might be helpful to post a list of supported devices. 

#2 T77

T77

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:19 PM

I have an LG Optimus V running 2.2.1.and it is incompatible with that..  Is there a list of supported devices?  It says it supports 2.2+ - so what is the deal?

#3 cibet

cibet

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 03:55 PM

I have 2.3.7 and it doesn't run.

#4 booored

booored

• Members
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 04:49 PM

it is 4 bucks... just buy it.. and if you uninstall it will refund you money.,. that is how android market works.

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#5 RoC1909

RoC1909

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 05:43 PM

I have a HTC EVO 4G, and the only problem that I had was once the program started downloading the extra data, I was getting some kind of "java.IOException" error. Yet, when I started playing, nothing seemed to have gone wrong and it plays perfectly. I will say...what a hell of a beautiful game. The graphics are amazing.

#6 ZXTR

ZXTR

• Members
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 06:34 PM

Have HTC Desire S with Android 2.3.5 and market even don't let me to download this game saying it is incompatible with my device. :(

#7 senmonjin

senmonjin

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 November 2011 - 08:45 PM

It works great in Samsung Galaxy S II and Acer Iconia A500

#8 manful

manful

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 12:29 AM

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: I bought it from android market and try to download but it fail. It claims that I have no free space however I got more thatn 5,5GB  free internal memory and more than 4GB on SD card. I tried to do the same here: market.android.com/details and its not working :(

#9 edvardarnor

edvardarnor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 02:09 AM

Same here I have a LG Optimus, runs Android 2.2, I bought the app and tried to download it and it starts to but then it fails.

I think there is a pattern here. 

Arnór

#10 Tokhuah

Tokhuah

• Members
  • 480 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:48 AM

Companies who do half-assed releases on the Android platform risk negative feedback from their customers...

#11 Klaen

Klaen

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

I'm sure FFG will work on backwards compatiability... but in all honesty can you really expect them to cater to every single platform and ageing out of date smart phone, especially where there are dozens of versions of smartphone OS out there. It's a $4 app, give them a bit of a break. As a marketing exercise, they will always look at the majority market capture first, and should sales be successful, they will then consider backwards compatiabilty.

I have a HTC Incredible S, it works fine on that. Mate of mine I was playing LOTR:LCG with last night has a Samsung Optimus and it didn't even appear on his Android market.

I attempted to send it across to him via both Bluetooth and email and it wouldn't work.

Not sure if there are emulators or other software that will allow a file transfer...

#12 sepayne7l

sepayne7l

• Members
  • 567 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Klaen said:

I'm sure FFG will work on backwards compatiability... but in all honesty can you really expect them to cater to every single platform and ageing out of date smart phone, especially where there are dozens of versions of smartphone OS out there. It's a $4 app, give them a bit of a break. As a marketing exercise, they will always look at the majority market capture first, and should sales be successful, they will then consider backwards compatiabilty.

At least it's becoming obvious why Android apps are a risk. Way too many compatibility issues and fixing them costs time and money,  just so they can get $4 from a customer once. I've had an iphone and a droid and I'll never get  a droid again.

#13 daylar

daylar

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 04:16 PM

T-Mobile MyTouch 4g...also an HTC device.

Purchased via the phone Marketplace and the game works just fine. Well worth the $4.

#14 Zygomax

Zygomax

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:18 PM

I too get "not enough space" on Samsung Galaxy S Captivate. Does it require an external SD card? Maybe it just needs a fix.

#15 kleedrac

kleedrac

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 06:09 PM

I had originally come here to mirror other's concerns that the game wasn't installing correctly.  Upon further research however I've discovered this is actually an issue with the recent updates to the Android Marketplace and has nothing to do with Fantasy Flight!  To correct this issue please go into settings -> Applications -> Manage Applications -> Android Market -> "Uninstall Updates" ... this will revert the Market to its original version and after that the game should install just fine!  Enjoy all!

#16 Nyox

Nyox

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:53 PM

Still having lots of crashes after about 2 mins. of playing.. :| I'm really angry about this.

Using a Samsung Galaxy S with Android 2.3.5

#17 het2cz

het2cz

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 09:35 PM

manful said:

Samsung Galaxy S I9000: I bought it from android market and try to download but it fail. It claims that I have no free space however I got more thatn 5,5GB  free internal memory and more than 4GB on SD card. I tried to do the same here: market.android.com/details and its not working :(

I did post about installing it on Samsung Galaxy S on the main page.

I got it working by upgrading Android OS from 2.2 to 2.3.3 then I while installing  got the same error as you. There are more solution for this, the easiest one is to try remove all cache from Android Market application and if it does not help then downgrade Andorid Market application. The other are related to some changes in location of cache files etc. That seemed to be a biot complicated so I simply downgraded and it worked, I was able to install omens after that and am playing it since. The game is really cool and working nicely on Galaxy S.

#18 BPB

BPB

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:01 AM

I'm running it on a Nook Color with the Cyanogen 7 mod (android OS 2.3.7) and it runs great on that.  I think the Android tablet platform (whether "hacked" or not) is usually always best for gaming.

#19 RoC1909

RoC1909

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 06:27 AM

BPB said:

I'm running it on a Nook Color with the Cyanogen 7 mod (android OS 2.3.7) and it runs great on that.  I think the Android tablet platform (whether "hacked" or not) is usually always best for gaming.

I run Cyanogen 7.0.3.1on Android 2.3.3, and I have had nothing but great luck with anything that I have installed.

#20 Joe Casadonte

Joe Casadonte

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:16 PM

I have a Samsung Galaxy S (Vibrant) running FroYo (2.2), and the Market App & web site are telling me Elder Sign: Omens is not compatible.  I've tried downgrading the Market app as suggested, with no luck.  Is there really an incompatibility?  Any other ideas?  Thanks!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS