Photo

Completing an adventure card (rolling the dices)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Benotdes

Benotdes

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:08 AM

Hi,

My wife and I played the game two times and we had one question. Let's say we are trying to complete an adventure card with three set of dices.

1 - We roll the six green dices and are able to complete the first set that requires one score of 2 and a skull. We put those dices on the adventure card.

2 - I then have four dices for the second set. Let's say that second set needs two skulls to be complete. I roll the dices and I obtain one skull, which means I failed the task. 

My question is, can I lock the skull die I had, remove one die from the remaining dices since I failed to complete a task and then reroll the other dices while keeping my skull on the card? Or maybe I have to reroll all the dices (except one since I failed to complete the task) and see if I can complete the second task with the dices I roll?

Thank you very much for your help!

Benoît

#2 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:47 AM

Yes, you can lock a die after you fail a task (it's known as focusing).  But you can only lock one die at a time (unless there's another investigator on the adventure with you), and (according to hearsay from Arkham Nights) you can only focus once per turn.

#3 riddle

riddle

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:58 PM

and Benoit, just to be helpful...

the word "dice" is plural.

the word for one of them is a "die."

more than one is "dice" not "dices."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS