• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Hygric

Hygric

• Members
  • 288 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:51 PM

Afternoon all,

One thing that I am finding running a long-term RT game is that actions available to PC's in space combat are a little bit limited and are getting a bit stale.  As a result, I am trying to invent new actions, hopefully ones that bring more skills into play as well.  Here is my first atempt:

Tactical Planning.  By making a Scholastic Lore: Tacticae Imperiallis roll, the ships initiative is temporarily boosted next round by 1 +1 per degree of success.

#2 Dark Bunny Lord

Dark Bunny Lord

• Members
  • 173 posts

Posted 30 October 2011 - 04:17 PM

I kind of like this idea I'll see if I can come up with a few others:

Hack Vox's:

When you make a hit and run action you may forgoe your command check instead to attempt and hack the target ships vox channels. Once aboard make a +0 Tech Use check in place of the command check to hack the enemies Vox's aboard the ship making communication impossible until repaired. While under the effects of malfuctioning voxes the targets crew rating drops by 2 + 1 per degree of success on the tech use check.

Rig Munitions:

You make your way to the shells of one of your macro batteries and make a +0 demolitions test. Success means you rig extra explosives to key shells causing them to do +1 damage +1 more per 2 degree's of success when next fired. Failure causes something to go wrong and makes the macrobateries rigged unable to fire for one round. Failure by 5 or more degree's means something terrible happens and the rigged shells go off in the ship, the ship immediately suffers 1 hit from the macrobaterries through armor and void shields and the component becomes damaged (similarly a GM may rule a player doing this action must burn a fate point).

Press Gang:

When you make a hit and run action you may forgoe your command check instead to "capture" enemy soildiers and offer them to join your crew in exchange for their lives. To do so make a +0 intimidate check in place of your command check, success takes 1 crew rating from your opponent +1 per 2 degree's of success and transfers those points to your own ship but drops your own ships morale by half the crew pop gained.

Hope this spurs some idea's, I'll post again if I think up any more.

#3 Norticus Noctum

Norticus Noctum

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 25 November 2011 - 08:48 AM

Good one's. I think I will explore this idea little more.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS