Photo

Anyone tried this with more than 4 players?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Asmuth

Asmuth

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:02 AM

I've bought the game, haven't played yet.  I assume there are component issues with playing with more than 4 players, but wanted to know exactly what goes wrong if you play with 5 or 6 which is the normal size of my gaming group.

#2 Jenkins

Jenkins

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 05:46 PM

You'd probably see too many ties at the tournaments.  Otherwise it seems doable if you keep track of fans on something since you only get 4 scoreboards.

Why not get a second game and go two games of 3 then have the winners face off and the other 4 play for 3rd?

#3 Asmuth

Asmuth

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:37 PM

Jenkins said:

You'd probably see too many ties at the tournaments.  Otherwise it seems doable if you keep track of fans on something since you only get 4 scoreboards.

Why not get a second game and go two games of 3 then have the winners face off and the other 4 play for 3rd?

Mostly because that would entail getting a second game :)

#4 The Finn

The Finn

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 05:22 AM

I think it would work fine. It might make for a long game though.

With 6, I was thinking I might run 2 concurrent 3 player games. Same headline/tourney applies to each group - different highlights obviously. Maybe switch group assignments each week to keep it interesting.

But it's rarely an issue in our group... it's rare we have 4 people available to play, let alone 5 or 6.

#5 Asmuth

Asmuth

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 09:18 PM

Sounds like a good way to do it.  We generally have 6 people, and sometimes 1 or 2 can't make it, and sometimes we get 1 or 2 extra.

#6 Gmax101

Gmax101

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 01:52 AM

Have played 5 player, and while it does take a reasonable amount of time to play, the only thing to consider is that you are almost certainly going to cycle the staff upgrade and star player decks. Not a big issue but certainly worth considering. Towards the end, staff upgrades becomes less attractive as the really good picks go.

But it was a great laugh. The energy levels were kept up well through out the game, and the final week was a real bun fight. Also you see a lot of highlights which gives people a lot to compete for. We also saw a lot of hghlights change players as injured players left match ups un-attended and then the slot was stolen by someone else. Highly amusing.

Provided everyone is enjoying the actual playing of the game, I think it worked perfectly well...

Have even put a couple of life point trackers from an old CCG starter kit in to help record Fans with more than 4 players.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS