DE Mill with Spawn?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 03:56 AM

Hi, here my DE mill deck. Haven´t tested it much, but it discards both hand and deck of the opponent. As for combat or other defence its more of taking the hits and survive until opponent draws out of cards then winning by burning my enemy's zones.

Now with the Preview of the spawn of kintearer card I am wondering what would be better. This deck or changing it to more deck descarding (so less hand discarding) and add Spawn + couple of cavalry units. That would make the deck a lot tougher I think in combat and makes the opponent draw out of cards much quicker with couple of cavalry units. On the other hand, it makes your starting hands worse because of more expensive units. So what would you people think? And any feedback just on this deck as well would be very welcome as well:)

3 Walking Sacrifice
3 Witchbrew
3 Bladewind
3 Entropy
3 Caught the Scent
3 Dark Abyss
2 Harpies
2 Infiltrate!
3 Shades
3 Sorceress Convent
3 Vanguard of Woe
3 Witch Hag
3 Anointed Cauldron
3 Bathe in the Cauldron
2 Beastlord Rakarth
3 Frenzied Witch Elf
3 Helbane's Raiders
3 Disciple of Malekith

http://deckbox.org/sets/92943

25 units, 12 support, 12 tactics and 2 quest cards

#2 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

So how is it going with testing your deck?

I think the idea looks pretty nice, though I would probably exchange Harpies with Swarm of Bats or Clan Moulder Elite, since your whole plan is to keep person from having that many cards(Harpies trigger only when an opponent has more than 7 cards in his hand after all) in his hand in a first place (Shades/Rakarth and other discard effects of your deck will probably keep that person's hand smaller than 7).

#3 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 29 October 2011 - 01:15 PM

Thanks for the tip BBSB12! I thinks Clan Moulder Elite would be suited best. Unfortunately havent played due to busy with moving and work. 1 week and then 2 weeks off so then plenty of time for some testing.

#4 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:01 AM

here the new version with cavalry:

3 Walking Sacrifice
3 Witchbrew
3 Contested Village
3 Entropy
3 Burn it Down
3 Dark Abyss
2 Infiltrate!
3 Seeking New Slaves
3 Witch Hag
3 Bathe in the Cauldron
3 Cold One Chariot
3 Frenzied Witch Elf
3 Morathi's Pegasus
3 Cold One Riders
3 Dark Riders
3 Spawn of Kintearer
3 Monster of the Deep

27 units, 9 support, 12 tactics, 2 quest

I am not a big fan of dark riders, however seeking new slaves, witch hag and monster of the deep should make sure the card gets an extra hammer every turn. Well I will test both versions, but after looking at it this one looks much better. More defense/hitpoints to survive combat, monster of the deep could help prevent enemy from attack. And when some cavalry are on the table allready and spawn enters the combat milling should go fast. Seeking new Slaves should work geat with all the cards from the deck being discard to the discard pile (works also in opponents turn).

#5 Titan

Titan

• Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 01:46 AM

The one issue I see is that the current cavalry units don't fit well into a true discard deck because their effects are all over the place. Therefore, you are relying on Spawn to do the heavy lifting with the milling. If your opponent gets rid of it, the milling will slow down severely. However, I agree that the second deck is far more versatile. I have played a similar version of the first one and while it is fun, I did not find it particularly effective.

#6 Primus_Magicus

Primus_Magicus

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 13 November 2011 - 09:35 AM

Well tested some decks of mine this weekend. The second version with the spawn/cavalry I did not test because I still miss the last 3 battlepacks. I did test the 1st version (though without bathe in the cauldron). It was fun to play, however the hand discarding part was merely annoying to the opponent rather than disrupting and the mill part did not go fast enough (needed like 2 or 3 more turns).

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS