Really disappointed...

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Whos

Whos

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:47 PM

I bought Death Angel today.  Set it up.  1st turn a Space Marine dies...  Is this normal?

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,292 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 08:19 PM

Whos said:

I bought Death Angel today.  Set it up.  1st turn a Space Marine dies...  Is this normal?

Only 1 dead? No, that doesn't sound normal, anything up to 3 dead can be normal .

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Berf

Berf

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 02:23 AM

As Dam said, this game is not a walk in the park!  I guess the difficulty level is part of its appeal.

I usually spend the first couple of turns building up support and moving marines to build a cohesive defensive formation.  Leaving a marine without support at the mercy of a swarm may pay off one or two times if you are lucky, but it unfortunately won't get you far very often...

Good luck to you

• mvl4d likes this

You tricked me in, succubus...

#4 Uncle Kulikov

Uncle Kulikov

• Members
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 05:53 AM

It can happen with poor planning, and since you are new to the game, it makes sense. A good starting tactic is to put one support token on each marine  at a location card, so that they have a greater chance of surviving. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS