FFG please throw us a bone

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#1 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:17 AM

Well as with all games by FFG it tends to be really silent between announcement and release. I want to start this topic as a sort of petition to have a monthly bit of news.

this can be all sorts of news.

artwork

playtest news

production (problems)

rules

saga info

whatever anything. I am hungry for news just as we all are. By now there should be something they can throw at us

#2 john_nld

john_nld

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 01:29 AM

And off course I am the first one to digitaley sign this pettition

#3 ShadowClipse

ShadowClipse

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 October 2011 - 05:26 AM

I second this notion.

Digitally signing now...

#4 Echo

Echo

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:37 AM

I agree, it has been way too quiet on FFG's part, any news would be exciting.

/signed

#5 booored

booored

• Members
  • 2,038 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 03:56 PM

I just want a release date.. though at the same time it would be nice to have this LCG get all the rules text correct b4 publishing :P

Also

www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php

Has card images taken from GenCon demo i think it was... work in progress but gives yo uan idea.. also has a battle report so you get an idea of gameplay

"People should be less concerned about whether they are being insulted and more concerned if it is the truth"

#6 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:58 AM

Sign me up on this! Some artwork to get us hungry for the final images, and the rules (when ready) would be great to see!

#7 Vase

Vase

• Members
  • 67 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 05:02 PM

+1.  I want some news, a release date, a picture, anything.

#8 armakis

armakis

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 09:24 PM

I sign also !

Rules would be the best to understand the possibilities of this game

but I'm taking anything, cards, art work...

#9 wraith428

wraith428

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 08:28 AM

I imagine we'll start seeing some info in the new year... maybe sooner.  LotR LCG got announced in August and had an article a few weeks later with a very basic overview.  Then nothing till November 17th 2010.

If SW follows the same pattern we'll start seeing a slow trickle of info soon. 

Regardless I don't think they'll release SW LCG till April 2012 at the earliest.  Got to give LotR' LCG at least a year in the spot light before you introduce another game into the LCG line.

Wraith428

#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 17 November 2011 - 02:17 PM

wraith428 said:

Regardless I don't think they'll release SW LCG till April 2012 at the earliest.  Got to give LotR' LCG at least a year in the spot light before you introduce another game into the LCG line.

Now I wouldn't mind that so much if they actually told us a release date. To me, "Early 2012" means January/February and maybe March, but I have the feeling that "early" just means the first half of the year. It's a good point about LotR, I just wish they'd announced a mid-2012 release date if they knew ahead of time that they were gonna give LotR a year by itself before bringing out SW. Oh well -- it won't come out 'till it's out.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#11 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 01:27 PM

Budgernaut said:

wraith428 said:

Now I wouldn't mind that so much if they actually told us a release date. To me, "Early 2012" means January/February and maybe March, but I have the feeling that "early" just means the first half of the year. It's a good point about LotR, I just wish they'd announced a mid-2012 release date if they knew ahead of time that they were gonna give LotR a year by itself before bringing out SW. Oh well -- it won't come out 'till it's out.

I'm thinking "early" means Jan, Feb, March, or April. I figure, if you break a calendar year into early/middle/end, then you're dividing it by 3, so 12 / 3 = 4, and that's how I get the 4 month window.

Hopefully we'll get a holiday present with some info in the next month or so...

#12 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:49 AM

Its been some time since the initial announcement, I think its definitely about time they gave us something. Even if its in the form of Star Wars avatars lol.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#13 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 317 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:52 AM

Its been some time since the initial announcement, I think its definitely about time they gave us something. Even if its in the form of Star Wars avatars lol.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#14 4wallz

4wallz

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:16 PM

Sign me up!  Us rabid SW fans are hungering for more!  Come on FFG!  Throw us a bone here!!

#15 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 03:34 PM

Budgernaut said:

Yea I would bet "early" is a relative term and does mean the first half of the year, since the AGoT community is waiting for a box that was going to be released "late" 2012 or "4th quarter" 2012 and we still don't have a release date.  I hope our group can afford to play this and AGoT and LotR, so many LCGs!

#16 DarthBoromir

DarthBoromir

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 04:32 AM

ANYTHING would be appreciated. 3 months (a few days till 4 months) with NOTHING is nonsense. Don't announce then leave us hanging for 1/3 of a year. Next time just don't announce till you can/will begin adding updates as you go along. This is not a complaint, just an idea for BETTER customer relations, we ARE paying for you to have this opportunity after all...

#17 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 05:28 AM

First off, DarthBoromir, you have an awesome screen name. Second, I don't know what FFG's history is for giving updates on their games, but if this kind of an delay is unusual for them, it does make some sense. The reason they announced SW:TCG was so they could go get some play-testing at GenCon. They couldn't very well bring it there without making an official announcement -- not with something as big as Star Wars. It could be that the feedback they received has caused them to really go back and change some stuff so they really aren't ready to give updates. But with the Early 2012 release date fast approaching, the lack of updates is making me wonder whether we won't see these games till late summer. Despite my speculative reasoning for why there aren't any updates, I check this site at least twice a day to look for updates and new forum posts. I'd really, really like to see some official FFG news.

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#18 jhaelen

jhaelen

• Members
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:15 PM

DarthBoromir said:

This is not a complaint, just an idea for BETTER customer relations, we ARE paying for you to have this opportunity after all...

You're paying for previews?! Interesting!

The last report I've seen was from November 15th and the game was still very much in its prototype state. More previews simply don't make a lot of sense right now because _nothing_ is fixed yet. If they previewed a feature that doesn't make it into the final game, the howls of indignation would be a lot worse.

So, just be patient (and play some of the other LCGs in the meantime)!

#19 DrNate

DrNate

• Members
  • 238 posts

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:58 AM

Still in prototype stage? The "upcoming" section of the website lists it as "At the Printers!"

#20 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 03 December 2011 - 02:40 AM

DrNate said:

Still in prototype stage? The "upcoming" section of the website lists it as "At the Printers!"

Excellent point! I hadn't noticed that before. Seeing that it was out of the development phase, I decided to look at the announcement history of Lord of the Rings (because I've only been on this site since SW was announced). I was shocked to see that it was announced in August, but had multiple announcements each month leading up to its April released. Here we are with SW, which was also announced in August, and we have yet to see a second announcement about the product in 4 months. All along I thought maybe frequent updates just weren't FFG's thing, but LotR proved me wrong. Now I definitely think we're overdue for an update on this product. But maybe FFG doesn't care about the SW line. Or maybe they feel like everything they have to say has been said in LotR. Maybe they're just too busy with other titles that are closer to completion. Maybe they haven't finished development after all, though they report they have. Maybe they're waiting till they have the Force Packs out of development. Maybe their server is too full for that many updates. Okay, I'm running out of what-if scenarios. There are dozens of things that could explain why they haven't given us an update, but when it comes down to it, I don't want an explanation for the lack of updates -- I just want to see an update. And if the game is truly past development, it shouldn't be too hard for them to give the kinds of updates they gave for LotR.

--Count Dooku

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS