Photo

What are the basic themes for current deck building?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:22 PM

Hi everyone,

1.  I have a veeery general question: What are the current themes for deck building in each faction (forgetting about any BPs from Capital Cycle)? And what are the secondary ones? What I mean by this is: basic theme is something that allows a faction to beat other basic faction decks with probability 45-50%, and secondary is something that allows to win similar percentage and looks cuter/uses some funny combo, but is in general weaker (let's say, 35-40%).

So, e.g., Empire has control deck with Hemmler/Verena (or Karl Franz as I've seen on deckbox), Orcs have rush and reanimator, DEs have Hekarthi, ...not sure what decks will allow Dwarves and HEs to beat decks mentioned above with 50%...

2. Question related to the first one (since I root for HEs!!=): Is it possible to build HE indirect damage deck that will be good against other decks (aforementioned 50%), but didn't rely on lizards too much (let's say that it will have only skinks and everything else will be HE cards)?

#2 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 167 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:34 PM

As an example of what I'm trying to achieve with HEs (so the idea is kind of to try to get Light of Morrslieb into the quest zone on a second turn, and develop as much as possible to play Pilgrimage/Innovation/Master of Earth). It's low on units and wasn't tested much, but I'm planning to test it against Rush and Chaos Kairos pretty soon.=)

Support (18)

Temple of Vaul x 3

Light of Morrslieb x 3

Contested Village x 3

Citadel of Dusk x 3

Outpost of Tiranoc x 3

Judgment of Loec x 3

Units (9)

Valorous Mage x 3

Loremasters of Hoeth x 3

Descendent of Indraugnir x 3

Tactics (26)

Innovation x 3

Pilgrimage x 3

Flames of Phoenix x 3

From Beneath the Waves x 3

Second Sight x 3

Vaul's Unmaking x 2

Iron Discipline x 2

High Elf's Disdain x 2

Drain Magic x 2

Master of Earth x 3

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS