Promising Trend

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 David Spangler

David Spangler

• Members
  • 270 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

This app is a promising trend for FFG.  I'm hopeful other games of theirs will find their way into this form of electronic version.  In the meantime, this is a sure buy for me.  I love Elder Sign the dice and card game, but being able to play it on my iPad 2 will be truly....arcane!

#2 Puzzle

Puzzle

• Members
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 October 2011 - 02:00 AM

I agree. I bought Hey, that's my Fish when it came out for iPad and my daughter and I love to get in a quick game when we are out at a doctor's office, etc. No set up required and something with some simpler mechanics (because it is all automated). I will be buying this one too, although she may not get the concept to play with me.

I hope FFG continues to put out digital versions of games where it makes sense. Children's games and standalone games with some straight forward gameplay are ideal. I certainly don't need a digital version of classic board games like Arkham Horror, but this one is exciting. I will be buying.

#3 Snibe

Snibe

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 04:10 PM

I'm definitely looking forward to this, as I really enjoy Elder Signs.  It's nice to see that although it's pretty much the same, there will be some differences so I can enjoy both versions.  I also agree that it's great to see FFG games showing up in digital form.  I hope to see more, but this one will still occupy me for a long time, until more games, hopefully, do.

#4 Klaen

Klaen

• Members
  • 59 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 03:14 PM

Funny, I purchased this game purely on the merit that it was FFG, I have only had a smartphone for 3 months and hadn't bothered with games (use it more as a professional support tool than anything). I just lost 3 hours of my morning playing around with this great little game, for $4 it's great!

Indeed a great trend for FFG - it would seem they have the Midas touch at the moment, not a single FFG product I have had the pleasure of either owning or playing has been a bad or even mediocre experience.

Keep up the good work FFG peoples!

#5 RoC1909

RoC1909

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 08:06 AM

Still waiting for Arkham Horror to come out for iOS and Android (preferably Android since that's what I have). With the toolkit, they have a lot of it already done.

#6 Rodzilla68

Rodzilla68

• Members
  • 51 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 10:12 AM

RoC1909 said:

Still waiting for Arkham Horror to come out for iOS and Android (preferably Android since that's what I have). With the toolkit, they have a lot of it already done.

Agreed!

#7 TheDukester

TheDukester

• Members
  • 175 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 05:30 AM

Much agreement.

I don't think anyone expects to see TI:3 or Arkham for iOS, but FFG has an extensive catalogue of smaller titles that would make great digital games.

#8 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

Why not?  I want Descent on the Android Samsung Galaxy 10.1 :)

#9 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 November 2011 - 06:28 AM

TheDukester said:

Much agreement.

I don't think anyone expects to see TI:3 or Arkham for iOS, but FFG has an extensive catalogue of smaller titles that would make great digital games.

Why not?  I want Descent on the Android Samsung Galaxy 10.1 :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS