cards that make opponent discard cards

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Glenn

Glenn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 07:57 AM

Just to give you some background. I have two other people that i regularly play W:I with. Every now and then one of us will come up with a deck that is unbeatable  until one of us figured out how to beat it. 

One of the players has made a chaos deck that hasn't been beat yet and he;s probably used it for close to ten games. My newest theory is if i can make him discard cards from his deck and hand he will lose those plague bombs and insta/perma- corrupts. 

I'm having a hard time finding cards that make your opponent do this. Please list any cards you know of that work like this, include scouts as well.

thanks in advance.

#2 Takith

Takith

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:42 AM

Deck Discard

Dark Elf

• Bathe in the Cauldron (Tactic) - Discard the top 5 cards of deck.
  • Witchbrew (Support) - Attach to unit, when you attack discard the top card of player's deck
  • Witch Hag - Corrupt to discard top card of deck
  • Frenzied Witch Elf - When attacks discard the top 2 cards of deck

High Elf

• Caradryan

Neutral

• The Wild Hunt (Tactic) - Not a discard card, but will shrink deck
  • Infiltrate (Quest)
  • Dark Abyss (Support)
  • Entropy (Tactic)
  • Plague Monk - Needs a Spell to Fire

Hand Discard

Dark Elf

• Bladewind (tactic)
  • Caught the scent (tactic)
  • Anointed Cauldron (Support - building)
  • Harpies - This only works when opponent has 7+ cards in his hand
  • Vanguard of Woe
  • Beastlord Rakarth - Doesn't discard, but removes a card from hand nonetheless

Chaos

• Will of Tzeentch - Each player discards his hand and draws 3 cards

Neutral

• Warhawk Rider - When this unit attacks or defends, target opponent discards a card.

I've probably missed a few, but that's the main ones I could find/know of

#3 Takith

Takith

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 09:44 AM

Scout keyword

• Dwarf Ranger
  • Free Company
  • Gutter Runners
  • Shades
  • The Changeling

#4 Glenn

Glenn

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 10:48 AM

thank you very much! It seems like the dark elves would be the best choice. 

#5 Doc9

Doc9

• Members
  • 454 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 12:27 PM

Yes...the Dark Elves are definitely the best choice.

#6 BBSB12

BBSB12

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 19 October 2011 - 03:44 PM

Yeah. Dark Elves are THE choice. A friend of mine has a deck with Dark Visions (Allows you to choose 1 of top 5 cards to add to your hand), Shades and Rakarth. So what happens is that he on average he has Rakarth + Shades on a second-third turn and makes me discard two cards per turn, which is super bad.=)

PS. Does anyone use a Wild Hunt? It seems to be a very tricky card to play (After all, the controller of a sacrificed unit may chose whether to put top X cards of his deck as developments or may chose not to..=/ )

#7 daniello_s

daniello_s

• Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 22 October 2011 - 09:51 AM

Discard is good only with Dark Elves. I recommend Plague Monk and ****-load of cheap DE spells (Dark Visions, Chilwind, Bladewind to name few) supported with Frenzied Witch Elf + Witchbrew, Witch Hag, Bathe in Cauldron.

Shades are nice as well but i prefer to spend 2 resources on playing two spell and discrading 4 cards from opponents deck thanks to Mr. Plague Monk.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS