Jump to content



Photo

Boomer - firing in same area


  • Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Ologotai

Ologotai

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:01 AM

Guys

Do Boomers move into COG areas (risking being hit by their own weapons?)

In our game we had a wouned Boomer fire at the COG he was sharing an area with.  He rolled 3 Omens - having no effect on his target but killing himself!

Cheers

Andy



#2 mi-go hunter

mi-go hunter

    Member

  • Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:07 AM

Ologotai said:

Guys

Do Boomers move into COG areas (risking being hit by their own weapons?)

In our game we had a wouned Boomer fire at the COG he was sharing an area with.  He rolled 3 Omens - having no effect on his target but killing himself!

Cheers

Andy

Yes, if the Boomer fired in his own area he can get hurt by his own attack since it explicitly states on the Enemy card 'each other figure in the target's area'. Boomers are kinda dumb that way. But this triggered ability is only limited to ONCE per attack, so the Boomer wouldn't kill himself.



#3 Ologotai

Ologotai

    Member

  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 08:07 AM

OK - thanks.

So the rolling of multiple Omens makes no difference in this case?  As the wounded Boomer in my example has 2 health on his wound marker he causes no damage to himself.

Cheers

Andy



#4 neu.descolado

neu.descolado

    Member

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 12:34 AM

...'each OTHER figure in the target's area'.


OTHER = COGs and other LOCUSTS.

 



#5 mi-go hunter

mi-go hunter

    Member

  • Members
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 October 2011 - 08:31 AM

Ologotai said:

OK - thanks.

So the rolling of multiple Omens makes no difference in this case?  As the wounded Boomer in my example has 2 health on his wound marker he causes no damage to himself.

Cheers

Andy

Yes, since the Boomer's wound marker has a printed 2 and its triggered ability only happens once per attack, it can never kill itself regardless of how many omens were rolled. Their tough hide makes up for their lack of intelligence in this case :)



#6 Advosan

Advosan

    Member

  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 October 2011 - 12:16 AM

neu.descolado said:

...'each OTHER figure in the target's area'.


OTHER = COGs and other LOCUSTS.

 

 

Imho, "other" refers to "other than the attacked figure", so it includes the Boomer, the other Locusts and the other CoGs (except the attacked). 

 



#7 FragMaster

FragMaster

    Member

  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 05:33 AM

mi-go hunter said:

 

Ologotai said:

 

OK - thanks.

So the rolling of multiple Omens makes no difference in this case?  As the wounded Boomer in my example has 2 health on his wound marker he causes no damage to himself.

Cheers

Andy

 

 

Yes, since the Boomer's wound marker has a printed 2 and its triggered ability only happens once per attack, it can never kill itself regardless of how many omens were rolled. Their tough hide makes up for their lack of intelligence in this case :)

 

 

Cool. We forgot about using it only once and I was wondering if Omens are resolved one by one or all together. I guess it doesn't matter now.






© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS