1) Do "at midnight" effects on adventure cards take effect at midnight even if no investigator is on a given Adventure card? I presume that they do.
2) Do "at midnight" effects on Adventure cards continue to impact players after the Great Old One awakes? The rules only say that Mythos cards are no longer drawn. However, if the standard rules apply then all the Adventure Card-based "at midnight" effects would continue each midnight in the battle with no way to interact with them?
3) When the Great Old One wakes up do locked dice on adventure cards/monsters unlock?
4) How do you handle monsters on adventures with an arrow? The rulebook says you normally go from the top down for the tasks. There is a separate rule that says monsters are put on the bottom of the adventure card (assuming no specific monster task spaces in play). These two rules together would suggest that you have to beat every task on the adventure card before you can interact with the monster. Some card/monster combinations could then make the adventure practically impossible to ever complete.
5) When I place monsters into non-dedicated monster slots, what's to stop me from placing all extra monsters at the bottom of a single adventure card, keeping the "monster swarm" in one place? There must be missing rules on this.
6) Can you play common items, unique items, or spells during another player's turn? If so, under what circumstances?
7) If you are playing solo with one character, does your character get four turns per day typically? If so, what happens with the Great Old One wakes up? How do you handle interactions like Vincent and Ithaqua, where the character automatically heals more damage than Ithaqua can ever do if Vincent is played solo and gets four turns per 12 hours on the clock.
8) Is Mandy's ability really usable once on every turn, even when it's not her turn? Or is it just once per day?
9) If your character dies and adds the last doom token to the Great Old One, do you get a new character before the GOO wakes up?
10) What happens when you receive First Aid? The Entrance Card says that investigators may heal one stamina OR one sanity for free, while the rule book says that investigators may heal one stamina AND one sanity for free. Which is it?
11) What happens when the last Doom Token and the final Elder Sign needed to defeat Azathoth are gained at the same time? Does Azathoth awake and we lose, or do we win?
12) What happens if the clock moves to Midnight because of an effect on a monster task while you are in the middle of an adventure? Do you interrupt the adventure and deal with Midnight effects, lingering effects, and new Mythos Card?
13) Is there a difference between "losing" sanity or stamina (via midnight effects, Adventure card failure penalties, etc.) and "paying" sanity or stamina (to complete a task like the Hallway on Fire or a monster)? In the latter case, must the cost be paid or can you kill a ghost with whiskey?
14) Can investigators use their Special Abilities during other players' turns? If only some can which ones and under which circumstances?
15) If a total monster task line has a monster on it and that monster is defeated by my spell, is the underlying total monster task deemed complete for this attempt at the adventure, or do I have to now do the underlying total monster task?
16) If a spell says that it can defeat 1 monster, can it only defeat a monster on the adventure card that my investigator is on?
17) If I complete an adventure and get a monster as a "reward", does this monster have to go onto one of the other 5 cards or can it go onto the adventure that will replace the one that I have just completed?