extensions for Elder sign

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 sempai

sempai

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:27 AM

Of course the game is new, but the poential of this game is huge and I'm asking myself if some extensions (like for Arkham Horror) will be "soon" available, with new Great Ones, new investigators, additionnal rules, and so on?

#2 Feqz

Feqz

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 01:35 AM

There probably will be an expansion on the way very soon.

If you noticed they advertised Daoloth for "arkham nights 2011" (see scedule of events)

#3 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 October 2011 - 10:25 AM

I'm hoping for a POD, but i'm more interested in new game mechanics and encounters/gates than investigators and old ones!

#4 spooky86668

spooky86668

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 02:58 AM

They should really bring in some new mechanics that would make the game harder ... I like it very much, but the loss percentage is really REALLY low if you don't modify the original rules ...

#5 Master Fwiffo

Master Fwiffo

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 07:27 AM

spooky86668 said:

They should really bring in some new mechanics that would make the game harder ... I like it very much, but the loss percentage is really REALLY low if you don't modify the original rules ...

Honestly, just adding a lot of harder cards to mythos deck would help immensely.  Heck, just adding a lot of 'add a doom token period' cards would help immensely.

#6 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 08:05 AM

I'm hoping for something a little more advanced than to just add doom tokens. Just adding doom tokens is the most boring way to make the game harder. I want something that impacts the whole gameplay. Something like when cultists are flyers AND destroys elder signs in Arkham horror. Perhaps some new "mythos cards" (can't remember what they are called in elder sign) would spice things up and make the game harder. They would certainly add more theme to the game and could possibly add a strategic aspect.

#7 lord bones

lord bones

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 10:01 AM

I think a themed expansion combining all these elements would be the best way forward. I personally would love to see an Innsmouth expansion. You could have new town themed tasks/items and bring Dagon in as an old one. Just sayin'.

#8 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 93 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:28 AM

Yup, i agree. Themed expansions would be really cool!

But i wouldn't mind something that expands the base game either. Otherwise you could only play the expansion OR the base game. I want more rules, more flavor and a harder game!
Or did you have an idea on how to use  the expansion and the base game at the same time?

#9 lord bones

lord bones

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 11:48 AM

Richard U. Pickman said:

Yup, i agree. Themed expansions would be really cool!

But i wouldn't mind something that expands the base game either. Otherwise you could only play the expansion OR the base game. I want more rules, more flavor and a harder game!
Or did you have an idea on how to use  the expansion and the base game at the same time?

I would prefer an expansion that adds to the game experience otherwise you would just end up with 'same game, different cards' syndrome.

Using my Innsmouth example you could perhaps introduce a mechanic that simulates a force (other than the old one) that works to hinder the progress of the investigators such as the Esoteric Order of Dagon which could be represented in the form of a card/dice combo which could add modifiers to investigator rolls ( each X symbol rolled cancels out Y symbol etc.).

#10 Shelfwear

Shelfwear

• Members
  • 279 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 12:58 AM

On BGG is a Daoloth spoiler from Arkham Nights 2011

"This year Daoloth invades Elder Sign. Eleven doomer doom track with the 1-3, 6, 9-11 as monster bringers. Thirteen signs to beat.

Permanent effect: Each time a monster is added to the bottom of an adventure you have to discard an Other World or get an investigator devoured.

Attack: lock a green die. Out of dice, and well you are out of dice. Permanently. Even if it is Sister Mary's turn.

Attack task is five investigation."

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/711416/for-those-of-you-who-believe-it-to-be-too-easy-a

Does anybody know about FFGs policy concerning Arkham Nights goodies? POD release or inclusion in future add-ons?

#11 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 04:56 AM

Great heavens!  Well, everyone who's complaining about the game being too easy, there you go.  The only problem I can see is that Daoloth can't devour investigators during final combat.  Is it just assumed that you lose when no one has any chance of completing the task?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS