It says: "... place the spell card next to the play area immediately before ANY roll of the dice. Then, after the player rolls, he chooses one of the dice ..."
1. Does this mean you need to play a spell at the start of the ADVENTURE, like items, or can you play it in between tasks ???
2. Do you need to put a dice on the spell right after the first roll after casting, or can you save it for some later roll while resolving the adventure ??? For example: You manage to finish a task with the first roll, but you don't have any useful results on the excess dice, then roll for another task, and then save a dice on the spell ...
3. If a spell saves 2 dice, must you save both right after the first roll ???
4. Can you first re-roll using a clue token, then save a dice ???
5. Can you roll, than change the result of the dice with a character ability, ally, item, or spell, and then save that result on the spell ???