Game Group Decision: WoTR or Conan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Aeonari

Aeonari

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 10:07 AM

I have a sparse gaming group that normally latches onto one game of a genre or mechanic type and does not have any interest in associated with another of that type.  What I would like to know (being the individual that invests most in our gaming group's games) is what the general opinion is as to whether one should purchase WoTR or Conan if they could only have one.  I would love if everyone would voice their opinion, and why they feel that way.  It could go a long way in helping me decide which to pick up.  Thanks.

#2 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:44 PM

Haven't tried WotR as anything other than 2-player and AoC not at all , but from what I've read of the rules/experienced with WotR, WotR feels best at 2-player, while AoC is a more pure 3-4. Of course, I'll be getting Conan, since I already have WotR, even though my games are pretty much 2-player through and through.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#3 Aeonari

Aeonari

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 06:44 AM

So, the assumption is Conan will actually support the multiplayer aspect instead of having to get player created variants for the multiplayer with WoTR?  Thank you for that information.

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 10:06 AM

Given that the game has 4 Nations and each player plays their own nation, I'd say the multi-player is built in .

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS