Seasons Mechanic.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Bigjim22

Bigjim22

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 01:54 PM

Ok if this is posted somehwere on here a link would be great. Im apparently not smart enough to use the search function on this site.

So I bought A song of summer CP hoping there would be a rule print out of the mechanic, but there wasnt. I see plenty of card text that reads "if Summer" or "If Winter". How do know if its winter or if its summer? And How did I miss this mechanics rules?

Sorry for the noobness...

#2 Maester of Vegas

Maester of Vegas

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 03:51 PM

Cards make it Summer or Winter. The Black Raven or the White Raven are the "strongest" effect of Summer or Winter.

The Crown of Winter, Crown of Mereen, and the Crown of Azhor Azai make it Summer or Winter if one of the raven cards are not in play.

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 10:46 PM

If you have the Song of Summer chapter pack, you'll notice you have a card called Black Raven in there. It says, among other things: "It is Summer." This is how the mechanic works. It's important to realize that there's no rules for the seasons, the mechanic is entirely fueled by card effects. You have cards that make it Summer or Winter, and you have cards with season-specific abilities.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS