a little Vk goes a long way...

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

#1 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:34 PM

...to 'updateing' our vehicles for the Dust Tactics setting.

#2 golem101

golem101

• Members
  • 199 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 10:48 PM

Nice job on the SdKfz 234. You just added a scope to the turret, if I'm not mistaken.

Love the camo scheme and the extra foliage to break up the profile.

#3 Lotus

Lotus

• Members
  • 197 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:08 AM

Nice, nice work. Like the camo scheme...doesn't get in the way of the added foliage, etc. Great detailing.

#4 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 03:04 AM

the MG is also from DT.  My point being that it only takes a little bit to make out standard vehicles fit in with the DT setting.  what would be great is if there were some way of getting 'bits'.

#5 Icey101

Icey101

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:14 PM

theguildllc said:

what would be great is if there were some way of getting 'bits'.

I totally agree, and have come close to buying a second box set just to use for parts.

#6 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 10:02 AM

Can i ask what brand foliage that is and where you got it from? I also use a lot of regular vehicles in my armies and add in little DT bits to make them fit. I like the paint scheme. Once i get time ill post some of my conversions as well.

#7 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 01:13 PM

The foliage is 'The Army Painter' brand and it's 'Ivy'.  I just clip off small sections and soak em in watered down wood glue for a couple minutes then place em.  It dries shiney so after I seal the model with Testor's Dullcote I go back and dry brush a lighter green oveer it.  Hope that helps, and I look forward to seeing your conversion work.  Have been thinking of doing some E series or other conversion too, too much other stuff on deck right now.

#8 SolennelBern

SolennelBern

• Members
  • 970 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 04:29 PM

Wow nice, thanks for sharing this!

Awesome talent!

#9 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Thanks for the reply. Ill check it out. I really like the effect you gave to that puma. I have done now one standard and one converted to the 75mmpak40. im awaiting my 20mm turret like you have from quarter kit over in france. should have it soon.

#10 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:46 PM

This is what im looking to add some foliage to:

Posted Image

#11 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 05:47 PM

not sure if this better image.

http://i367.photobucket.com/albums/oo115/mgentile7/Dust%20Pics/NewImage2.jpg

#12 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:01 PM

This may be better pictures. Had trouble loading images sorry for so many posts.

#13 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 06:54 PM

Here is a few more that could use some foliage as well. I don't have a proper camera/lenses so i used my iphone for all pics.

#14 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 28 January 2012 - 07:10 PM

Looking great, good useage of the MG gunner on your 251.  How did you do the PAK75 conversion on the 234 body?  Is it a kit or did you shoehorn it in and scratch build the rest?  Looks good.  I plan on doing a couple more 234s now that Tamiya has em in 1/48.

#15 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:09 AM

I get all my conversion kits from Quarter Kit over in France. Great guys and they have a lot of cool stuff. Its euros though so it can get a little pricey. Its under gasoline kit range or conversions in the category section. If you order mention my name I have been trying to get them extra business as they have some really great items. they sell dust to but again its in euros.

#16 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:13 AM

Forgot to say thanks for the compliments. I dont have much time to paint to great detail so i try to at least get to game play grade paint jobs. Ill try and budget mote time to get the little extras added on soon like more battle damage, etc. I think the ivy though is a nice quick solution you are using and very effective for what it is. Thanks for sharing.

#17 Col. Hammer

Col. Hammer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:05 AM

I love your vehicles! They look great with very nice paint job and the dust figures and MG's really turn them into dust vehicles!

I'm painting a part of my Germans as Aufklärungs troops, so they would really like to have a half-track or armoured car to go with the theme!

What scale kits did you use? 1:48?

#18 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:12 AM

Thanks.  I used Italeri's 1/48 scale 234 Puma with an ICM 222 turret swap, Tamiya has it too.  Looking forward to seeing your work.

#19 mgentile7

mgentile7

• Members
  • 723 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

I dont want to steal "theguildllc's" thunder but for my pics the models are mostly 1/48 scale tamiya or italirea but the half track with turret was from WESPE models. For my conversion parts i order from Quarter Kit out of France. They have great stuff. Just thought i would share that.

#20 theguildllc

theguildllc

• Members
  • 393 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:29 AM

Keep shareing, you're not stealing any thunder.  Open thread, come one come all, and post pics of your DT'ed/Vk'ed vvehicles.  Besides, now I have a new source of 1/48 to investigate!

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS