Terror rules...

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 chrull

chrull

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:12 AM

Need some clarification on this rule: "When a player fails to complete a task and at least one of the rolled dice produced a terror result, he resolves all Terror effects on the Adventure card as well as any on the Mythos card currently in play."

When I look at the Mythos card resolution section, though, it indicates there are 2 effects: immediate & lingering, but no Terror effect...So, when you resolve a terror effect on an Adventure card do you also apply the lingering effect of the current Mythos card? Or am I missing something here?

#2 Phantom287

Phantom287

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 03:49 AM

chrull said:

Need some clarification on this rule: "When a player fails to complete a task and at least one of the rolled dice produced a terror result, he resolves all Terror effects on the Adventure card as well as any on the Mythos card currently in play."

When I look at the Mythos card resolution section, though, it indicates there are 2 effects: immediate & lingering, but no Terror effect...So, when you resolve a terror effect on an Adventure card do you also apply the lingering effect of the current Mythos card? Or am I missing something here?

If you look through the mythos deck you'll notice that some of them will have a lingering effect that will add a terror effect to all the adventures in play (e.g. discard all terror dice). That's what it's talking about.

#3 chrull

chrull

• Members
  • 125 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 06:54 AM

Phantom287 said:

chrull said:

If you look through the mythos deck you'll notice that some of them will have a lingering effect that will add a terror effect to all the adventures in play (e.g. discard all terror dice). That's what it's talking about.

So only one mythos card is effected by the terror rule. Missed that card. Thanks for the clarification.

#4 Lycane

Lycane

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 05:50 AM

Another terror question: What happens if there is a terror effect: discard terror dice. But to complete the task you need a terror result... um dont go exploring at that location? lol

#5 Bjerlk

Bjerlk

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:04 AM

If you are able to complete a task with terror marker on it. Then you can do that before failing it. Its only when you fail to complete a task that terror comes into play so to speak.

#6 Olathoryn

Olathoryn

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 06:07 AM

Since the Terror Effect only applies when you don't complete a task, make sure you always complete a task when you have a terror face showing on your dice. So, the roll on which you complete the task which requires a terror die does not produce the Terror Effect.

Also, you could use a Wild Card result.

Basically, what this Terror Effect does is cause you to lose an extra die each time you have a terror face showing and fail to complete a task.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS