How can Chaos beat Dark Elf?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 ktei2008

ktei2008

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:10 AM

We tried 2 rounds tonight, me playing Chaos and my wife playing Dark Elf, and we only used base game cards. I lost both of them. The thing is: Dark Elf has annoying supports such as the one that can return a unit to owner's hand when it's being killed, another example like the one that forces me to return a unit with 1 hit point to my hand. Moreover, she used some annoying scouts to discard my cards and used Chill Wind to corrupt my unit and stood hers...

Man, I guess the base game cards for all 6 races should be balanced, isn't it? But why I feel like it's never gonna use Chaos to win Dark Elf? How should I play Chaos on earth?

#2 Philos

Philos

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 03:57 AM

Maybe your wife is just smarter, pal. In that case there a worse things I can dream of.

#3 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,257 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 08:30 AM

ktei2008 said:

We tried 2 rounds tonight, me playing Chaos and my wife playing Dark Elf, and we only used base game cards. I lost both of them. The thing is: Dark Elf has annoying supports such as the one that can return a unit to owner's hand when it's being killed, another example like the one that forces me to return a unit with 1 hit point to my hand. Moreover, she used some annoying scouts to discard my cards and used Chill Wind to corrupt my unit and stood hers...

First, Altar of Khaine costs her 1 resource per unit she wants to save, in addition of which she then needs to pay resources to bring it back into play. And while it lingers in her hand, it won't be there to defend. Har Ganeth is Unique, so you're only having to bounce one unit back and even those really only should be Savage Gor and/or Savage Marauders. Finally, doesn't seem right, complaining with Chaos about corrupting people when CW is I think the only thing DElves have that can do that, not when you look at what Chaos brings to the table in terms of corrupting people .

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#4 Philos

Philos

• Members
  • 94 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 11:52 AM

ktei2008, your complaints about your DE's maneuvers are not very Chaos-specific. You can start by telling what you have played. E.g., there is a nice synergy between Savage Gors and Burn it down.

#5 ktei2008

ktei2008

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Hi, guys, thank you for your suggestions. I was not complaining in fact. Although I lost games, this made me more desire to win them back. I think it's my personal reason that I didn't use Chaos properly. Let me try more tonight and I'll let you know.

But it's truly much easier to use dwarf to beat my wife's Dark Elf.

#6 grille

grille

• Members
  • 202 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 10:53 PM

Chaos just got strong recently when some key cards were released in the legends expansion and battle packs from the last cycle: Sorcerer of Tzeentch, Desecrated Temple, Warhounds, Ungor Raiders, Plague Bomb.

#7 ktei2008

ktei2008

• Members
  • 131 posts

Posted 28 September 2011 - 02:39 AM

Updated: I think last night I used Chaos in a too defensive way, meaning I was too focused on development, draw, etc. Tonight, we played again and I changed to an offensive approach. Since Chaos' power is very strong, I won two rounds within 1 hour.

But still, dwarf is very very tough... We tried another play and I used Dark Elf, my wife using Dwarf... and I lost at the end... Dwarves have many hit points and the ability to heal capital and the power is not weak as well... I think Dark Elf can win, but definitely needs some surprise strategies...

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS