• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Phil Darg

Phil Darg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:46 AM

Greetings Gamers!

I am in the process of developing a new multi-player strategy game. The game is almost complete in its development and has been play-tested multiple times. However, before talking about the game and how it works, I wanted to send out a query to interested parties for input in a general sense.

The game focuses on the medieval period, and includes competition for territory, resources, and power. My main question to you is simply this: when you think of the medieval era (ca. 1066-1485 AD), what are some of the things that come to mind?

My goal is to incorporate as many aspects of medieval history into the game as is practical. I believe that I have done so, but – just in case there was something I left out – I wanted to offer interested persons a chance to respond to the general question above.

Thanks for your time and effort. Stay tuned – I hope to reveal more about the game soon,

Phil Darg

#2 Phil Darg

Phil Darg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 October 2011 - 03:26 PM

Wow! 60 hits and no comments?! I have to say, I'm a bit surprised . . .

Well, I will answer my own question then.

What comes to my mind when I think of the Medieval period is: castles, towns, cathedrals, frequent civil wars with small armies of knights, and various nobility of the same region vying for power in a quest to become king. There's also the connection between economics and military power.

But there's more. I also think of plague, heresy, excommunication, trade, peasants' revolts, famine, breeching castle walls/siege, and the influence of the church.

What I set out to do was to create a game that would incorporate all of these elements in different ways - but still make it fun, competitive, fast-moving, unpredictable, and with rules that were not too complicated. I should also mention that the game is visually appealing/attractive, and has levels of rules for both simple and more advanced play.

If this sounds like a game that might be of interest to you, go ahead and post your comments/questions here. We may be be bringing it out into the public soon for wider play-testing - quite possibly at the Fantasy Flight Games Event Center. You could be part of this developmental process.

More information to come soon - stay tuned.

Phil Darg

#3 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:40 AM

I think people probably aren't posting as this has little to do with the Event Centre.

Perhaps BoardGameGeek would be a more fitting stage?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#4 Phil Darg

Phil Darg

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 03:53 PM

Thanks for your reply.

I posted it here because I thought that we might try playing it in the events center some night soon.

Or perhaps this forum is for different types of events . . . (??)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS