6 custom GOOs

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:04 PM

Presumably, we'll see some of these GOOs and maybe some of these abilities in expansions, but I thought I'd get the ball rolling on some custom stuff for this game.  In many cases, these are incorporating ideas that some have made for increasing the difficulty of the game...  I figured they might as well go into some GOOs.  

#2 Jaroy

Jaroy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 05:45 PM

I saw this on BGG too and was quite impressed. I could see myself use Yibb-Tsyll & Tsathoggua along the regular ones.

However, what's the deal with Zhar? Is it supposed to finish you before it awakens, since it doesn't attack? That 10+10 doom track doesn't matter during battle when there is no risk involved. It just becomes busy work. My copy of Elder Sign arrives later today, so I don't have the feel on how those battles work in-game. I could be wrong about it.

Anyways, great work on those cards. I wish I had a printer for these.

#3 Richard U. Pickman

Richard U. Pickman

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:44 PM

Great work!

Elder Sign will hit the stores in sweden today. So I guess i'll print these in the beginning of next week! Can't wait to try them out!

#4 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 04:26 AM

Jaroy: Zhar attacks, look at the least sentence of its "Attack" entry.  The one I'm concerned with is Daoloth, who never attacks the investigators, just heals himself.  But otherwise, great all around.  Tsathoggua is EXTREMELY nasty.

#5 Martin_fr

Martin_fr

• Members
  • 163 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:08 AM

Walk said:

The one I'm concerned with is Daoloth, who never attacks the investigators, just heals himself. 

That's what I though as a first impression. But in fact, it attacks players through the drawn "Mythos card" (if it gets its effect applied, and that effect deals some damage to Sanity and/or Stamina). I'm not sure how reliable is such an attack.

Great work !

#6 Jaroy

Jaroy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:42 AM

Walk said:

Zhar attacks, look at the least sentence of its "Attack" entry.

I'm sure that wasn't there when I checked this thread in the morning. Grundunza must've updated & fixed some errors.

Which is good, another potential GOO to use.

#7 Grudunza

Grudunza

• Members
  • 520 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 07:17 AM

Jaroy said:

Walk said:

Zhar attacks, look at the least sentence of its "Attack" entry.

I'm sure that wasn't there when I checked this thread in the morning. Grundunza must've updated & fixed some errors.

Indeed, I did.  You're not going crazy... well, not from that.  :o)

Here's a fix for Daoloth... the intention was not for the Mythos card to have any effect other than possibly adding a doom token back.

#8 TheProphet

TheProphet

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 05:08 PM

Thanks for posting these

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS