Question about a card in "Twilight of the Gods" expansion

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:33 AM

There is an event card called "Cataclysm" in TofG.  It says that you must discard all your Advantage Cards, or you lose your turn and the Area you were in is destroyed.

My question is this.  If you have no advantage cards in your hand, what happens?  Does the card affect you if you have no advantage cards.  Or do you automatically fail this encounter since you have no cards to discard?

#2 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:42 AM

No one knows?  Since no one knows the actual ruling, then let me re-phrase the question.

How would/do you handle this card in your games?  Do you let the player slide if they have no advantage cards to discard?  Or do you say that the player automatically fails since they have no cards to discard? 

#3 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 03:09 PM

18 views and no one even has an opinion? 

Someone could at least mention whether or not its come up in their game, and how they handled it.

#4 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 03:18 PM

Anyone?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?

#5 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 12:46 PM

Seriously folks?  No one?

::Crickets Chirping::

#6 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 10:05 AM

It's been over a week, and no one even has an opinion?

#7 Kalis

Kalis

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 05:21 PM

If you have no cards, you automatically lose your turn. It is like a toll. If you can't pay, you don't pass.

#8 Evil Genius Prime

Evil Genius Prime

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 October 2011 - 10:05 AM

Kalis said:

If you have no cards, you automatically lose your turn. It is like a toll. If you can't pay, you don't pass.

Awesome!  Thanks for the response!  That's the way I see it as well.  However I was outvoted when it came up.  The other four players voted against it.  Now I know for future reference.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS