Photo

Changing the season to winter or summer ?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SerArthurDayne

SerArthurDayne

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:18 AM

Hello,

I apologize for all the rule questions I have been posting, however there is one game mechanic that seems a bit confusing to me.

I know that there is no season set when you start a game, however with so many cards that have different benefits from it being a certain season why are there so few ways to change the season?

Searching through all my cards, I think Ive only found one raven card that says something along that lines of "it is now winter". Is there something I am missing on how to change seasons during the game ?

If there was a list of all the cards that can change season's somewhere that would be very helpful. Are there any plot cards that change the season? I must be missing something.

#2 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:09 AM

Yup, there are very few cards that affect the Season.  Besides the 3 Crowns, you have to rely on the White & Black Ravens.  The real boon of the Raven cards is that they are immune to non-Raven cards, which means once they are in play the only effective way to get rid of them is to use a Carrion Bird or an Ill Tidings or combo a Tin and Copper Link together.  Decks that rely on a season also typically use A Time for Ravens to get their Raven in Round 1 or 2.

#3 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,524 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 10:11 AM

Generally, if you want to use Seasons, you need to build your deck around the mechanic, and that means including the right amount of cards that change the Season.

If I'm not mistaken, there's currently five cards in the card pool that allow you to change the season. The most reliable of them are the two Ravens. if you run a deck that heavily uses Season based cards, you'll probably have two run two or three copies of your Raven.

The five cards are:

Black Raven

White Raven

Crown of Winter

Crown of Azor Ahai

Crown of Meereen

#4 EviLaz

EviLaz

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 12:34 PM

What if there are no Raven's in play, but you have the Crown of Azor Ahai in play and the Crown of Winter? Or the Crown of Winter and Crown of Mereen?   Will it be both Winter and Summer at the same time?

#5 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:08 PM

It can in fact be both winter and summer at the same time. While it sounds counter-intuitive, there's no in-game reason why it can't be so.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS