Anyone in and around philly?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zandor

Zandor

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:53 PM

I need someone to play with!!!  I live in S. Philly off'a Broad St.

#2 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 04:03 PM

We have a fairly active group in Jenkintown at 7th Dimension Games  (javascript:void(0);/*1316746954096*/).  We play most Saturday afternoons and sometimes weeknights.

In fact, in just over a week we are hosting some new players who are coming down from Scranton on Saturday October 1, 2011.  This will be a very friendly afternoon - some of the players are inexperienced, so those of us with more experience are going to take it easy on them!  And teach, and learn - regular games and probably multiplayer... whatever peaks the group's interest.

Join us!

#3 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,055 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 08:50 AM

We had a fun event in Jenkintown on Saturday Oct 1.  Some guys came over from Scranton, so we had a total of 6 players.  We mixed up 1v1 and multiplayer throughout the afternoon.  I left after about 5 hours of play, not sure how long the merriment extended after that.

Lots of good discussion about cards, strategies, multi-player design as opposed to 1v1 design...  Joe's Yog/Chtulhu kill 'em all deck was fantastic in 1v1, but nto so good in multiplayer because there were too many opponents to make it work.

Corey's Yog discard deck worked well except against Miskatonic or Agency.

I was surprised that my all neutral deck did as well as it did - fortunately nobody brought Interrogation Center, although I think I will not be so lucky next time!

We'll do another festival like this in November (I'm stealing this format directly and without shame from Magnus Arcanis - thanks for the idea Tom!).  Join us if you're in the area...  All players and all skill levels welcome and encouraged!!

#4 badash56

badash56

• Members
  • 240 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:25 PM

This was a lot of fun, thanks for setting it up again!  I'm in for the next get together for sure.  It was nice to meet some new people and see different types of decks they made.  Saw some stuff that I really did not expect to see, like an all neutral deck. :)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS