Painted Figures

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 JimmyDark

JimmyDark

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:04 AM

I finished painting the figures for Talisman and The Reaper a few weeks ago and just now got my hands on a digital camera that could focus in on them.

If you want to check them out, here they are:

http://www.flickr.co...s/34722169@N04/

#2 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:04 PM

Great work JD! How about the rest of the Toads?

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#3 Mattr0polis

Mattr0polis

• Members
  • 821 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 01:24 PM

Wow! Those might be the nicest painted ones I've seen yet! Good job!

I wish I could paint mine without ruining them (I'm a bad painter). Though I do plan on snagging a couple of the Upgrade kits for the extra cards (for homeade card purposes), and I could always practice painting on the extra minis that come with it. I may have to.

#4 mmilli

mmilli

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 10:04 PM

Great paintings. I wouldn'y even attempt to paint my figures as I have no experience at such matters and would not want to ruin them. However, maybe some of you "figure painters" out there should consider painting our figures for a small fee. I am sure I am not the only "hopeless artist" out there !!!!!!

#5 jimmeray

jimmeray

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 11:17 PM

Fantastic job. The detail is amazing. I wish I had your talent.

#6 liverpoolfc

liverpoolfc

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:29 AM

Amazing! I painted mine last week, and while my skills are nowhere near yours, it was my first time painting figures ever, any colors on the figures bring the game more to life in my opinion. I had a great time and only put in about 5 hours painting all of them, but all the guys I play with thought my work was good enough for what we do. I will try to post some pictures later today or tonight, and show how bad they really are. I would suggest everyone paint their figures, even if it is your first time!

#7 galladril

galladril

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 06:01 PM

I do enjoy painting minis, but I tink if I had ever painted mine as nicely as you painted those, I'd actually really be afraid to even use them.

Great job.

#8 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 26 January 2009 - 07:41 PM

Really fine painting!

These days I'm painting my set of Characters and I've obtained a decent result so far, but I know my skill is limited. I wish I had your perception of shadows and a firm hand to paint the details, especially faces. Every time it comes to eyes, eyebrows, lips, I always get a clown face instead of a natural expression.

#9 dlirajor

dlirajor

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 01:02 AM

Here, let me show a mini I´ve painted:

"You are now a SLIMY Toad for 3 turns!"

I tried to get a very "lifelike" - and specially SLIMY - look in this toad. To do so, I used Ink glazing and gloss varnish

To see more of the Slimiest little Toad, here:     http://picasaweb.goo...feat=directlink

By the by, the Toad is a great starting place for painting begginers - you have 4 of the little fellows, when in doubt you can paint them fully in green, and with this big, mellow eyes, you can´t miss in face painting!

#10 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:10 AM

Dang it!

How do I get pictures into this post? 

Can anyone point out a link for me so I can share pictures?

Thanks

#11 talismanisland

talismanisland

Harbourmaster

• Members
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 08:48 AM

Have a look at the Forum text editor user's guide.

The button in the toolbar when you post shows a picture. Upload a pic to Imageshack or similar and link it to the post.

You can use the box that comes up to alter the image size etc too.

Harbourmaster at Talisman Island - 15 magical years and counting!

Sometimes I even update the Talisman Island Facebook Page!

#12 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 11:44 AM

Ah, I think I got it now.  Thanks for the link Talismanisland.

Ok, The ghoul, Elf, and Monk, all get some kind of "prop" in their miniature. (Gravestone, Stump, step) that gets to travel around with them wherever they go.  So I decided to do that with some (soon all) of the other characters as well.  Here is the first one.

The Assassin..

Sneaky as he is, he gets to hide behind a wall wherever he goes.  This enables him the element of surprise!

#13 JimmyDark

JimmyDark

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 27 January 2009 - 12:12 PM

Thanks for all the complements, I'm blushing.

Talismanisland:

I ran out of space on my Flickr account so I couldn't upload all the toads right away. I'm on vacation right now, but I'll try and get the rest of the toads up next week.

Mmilli:

As much as I would love to help people out by painting their figures it take me 2-4 hours per figure. So we'd be looking at a pretty large fee rather then a small one.

Gallidril:

I put about 3 clear coats on each figure so they should be pretty durable. Talisman has been a favorite game of mine for most of my life, so I couldn't bring myself to play with anything less the best I can manage.

#14 CombatWombat81

CombatWombat81

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 January 2009 - 11:38 AM

Awsome job!! Two wery enthusiastic thumbs up!

#15 plenzdorf

plenzdorf

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 04:09 AM

Totally cool! I love your paint job--very well done. And the props are an awesome touch (and one I might steal, heheh).

#16 HallowKnight

HallowKnight

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 30 January 2009 - 05:37 AM

He he he...Thanks..

I will start a thread with the rest of the minis as they are completed.

#17 JimmyDark

JimmyDark

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 06:36 PM

As per request by TalismanIsland I have uploaded the pictures of all my toads. Unfortunately, due to the pictures being a bit washed out (the colors are much more vibrant in person) the toads look pretty similar.

They can be found here

#18 Talos

Talos

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:30 AM

Nice Work! I just hope my failing eyesight will allow me to do something good with mine.

#19 feuer_faust

feuer_faust

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:00 PM

That's some nice work, although it looks like you avoided metallics entirely? Your painting style reminds me of late 80's/early 90's boardgame pieces like the examples for HeroQuest and Dragon Strike. :)

#20 catosal

catosal

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 07:22 PM

it so great!!!! 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS