Photo

so is this a spead up version of arkham horror or is this a truley stand by itself game

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 wewingtonheetanicus

wewingtonheetanicus

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 06:40 AM

i know im thinking of buying this but i was curious if it does stand on its own 2 feet or if its just a faster way for me to get my ah fix

#2 Walk

Walk

• Members
  • 461 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:27 AM

Because I am terminally lazy, I am going to copy my response from another thread:  I've only played it once, but it was a blast. It's rather shorter than Arkham and much simpler, and there's also a lot less theme. But what theme there is is very cool, and the gameplay is quite fun. Essentially, the strategy revolves around calculating odds; that is, deciding which of the six adventures you think you can go up against and whether you should send any resources to do so. It's also very appealing on a tactile level. It's quite satisfying to place the dice on the icons as you complete tasks, and the clock was a fantastic idea. It's definitely not as good as Arkham, and itt's definitely nowhere near as deep an experience as Arkham, but it's still fun. Given the choice, I would probably choose it over Arkham for solo play, mostly because Arkham is such a time committment.

#3 pumpkin

pumpkin

• Members
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

mechanics and gameplay are totally different to arkham as are the winning tactics needed.

Its no where as deep as AH, but then again, ES doesn't have any expansions (yet....)

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS