Chapter Pack Reprints

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 thekolo

thekolo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:14 PM

Finding information of the Fantasy Flight web page can be a bit of a chore.  So I come to the forums with some questions regarding the chapter pack reprints.  From what I understand they are reprinting the Defender's of the North chapter packs so that there will be three copies of every card and mayhaps some included errata.  Now are they planning on doing this with the other chapter cycles and if so in what order?  My whole play group has just gotten into the game, much to my delight, and they are all asking me this question and I am tired of just giving an unknowing shrug for an answer. 

There is paticular intertest in the spring/winter chapter cycle along with the cycle that introduces the shadow concept.  So any help would be much appreciated.

#2 -Istaril

-Istaril

• Members
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 04:51 PM

All of the old-format chapter packs are due for a reprint. The first two to undergo the reprinting are supposed to come out in the next month or two, if I recall correctly, and will be the "Defenders of the North" and "King's Landing" packs. You'll have to wait a little while longer  for the A Time of Ravens/Clash of Kings sets. The new Lannister set, Lions of the Rock, is also due out before the end of the year.

#3 sWhiteboy

sWhiteboy

• Members
  • 320 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:33 PM

FFG said that the first two sets will be reprint when they are out of stock.

#4 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,562 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 06:59 PM

-Istaril said:

All of the old-format chapter packs are due for a reprint.

Is that really so? Has there been an announcement that says this? Any confirmation that CoA and ATfR will get reprinted in the x3 format?

#5 Ruvion

Ruvion

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:09 PM

FFG's CEO CP himself has said as much as a reply to a news item announcing the reprint of IIRC Defenders of the North (else it's the King's Landing announcement).

Looking at the print edition of the newly revised Princes of the Sun, however, you can tell it was repackaged from the old print run since it matches the print date of the old one, that is the 2009 print run. This is in contrast to the Kings of the Sea revised version which had the new print date of 2011.
So who knows, maybe that's what they will do with the first two Chapter Pack cycles.

Whatever they do, I hope they come out soon, 'cause I can't wait until cards previously made only available in black borders are printed white borders for the very first time. I have at least one player dogging me to get them regardless of the border colors. Help out a fellow completionist, FFG! :D

#6 thekolo

thekolo

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 07:16 PM

Well I was just wondering, if it isn't something that is happening RIGHT now then I won't bother warning off my play group from the earlier chapter packs in favor for the reprint.  Cause no one likes buying something only to find out that there is a snazzy reprint a week later.  I myself am looking fowards to turning it winter and then crushing the life out of my enemy but you know that's just me.

#7 alpha5099

alpha5099

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 09:09 PM

I'd definitely say hold off on the King's Landng and Defenders of the North packs till they get repeated, but at least some of the packs in Clash of Arms and Time for Ravens are still worth it now in their 40 card iterations. Take a look at which cards are the ones that come 3 to a pack, the cards you really want may already have enough copies to justify a purchase. Refugees of War is a good example, the refugees come in triplicate and are the major draw of the pack. I'm even planning on getting a second copy of that pack, to have more refugees for multiple decks per house, and to get second copies of some of the better singles in that pack (Cat, Alannys, Gilly, and Arena Knight, mainly).

I'm most anxious to see the first few packs of Time for Ravens reprinted; I'd like to get some Summer and Winter agendas for my decks, but with the current printings I'd need to buy so many duplicate packs, especially Change of Seasons to get the Time for Ravens plot.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS