League of writers, anyone?

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Frozenfish

Frozenfish

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2008 - 10:34 PM

sooo......what 'bout this? Should we end it for good, or will we continue on these forums? or what?
(for those that don't understand, it's from the old forum)

#2 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:38 AM

Im good with starting a new one if ninja dude never shows up.

#3 tamsyn

tamsyn

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 04:55 AM

me too, got to have a week limit on posting though

#4 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 09:42 PM

Since I didn't lose my connection (which was one of the fears why I didn't join the original), if you're starting a new one, I'm game this time. Although, dibs on Sister Mary or I walk  !

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#5 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:05 PM

lol ...@ dibs on mary :))...I mostly prefer to play random, but if we call dibs, I'd call Ashcan Pete, or my fav photographer :X

#6 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,284 posts

Posted 22 November 2008 - 11:32 PM

If memory serves, the original featured the time-honored (or -abused) dibs method. If we do it random, I don't mind.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#7 tamsyn

tamsyn

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 06:38 AM

mandy mandy mandy mandy mandy

#8 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:21 AM

What is this? It sounds intriguing...

#9 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 23 November 2008 - 09:50 AM

Check the old forums if you get a chance, its basically a PBeM just like Twilight Imperium, only instead of being exact and concrete on our actions, we role play them like a book or a story. But in the same time being acurate about what items we aquire in the game, how our battles turn out and what encounters we have.

#10 Mike

Mike

• Members
  • 378 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 12:44 AM

That sounds like a lot of fun! Except that I don't have the room to set up a board permanently. If only there was a way I still could participate in writing without having to play...

#11 Bravo McWilley

Bravo McWilley

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:01 AM

I am all for playing on this forum, although I am goingto strongly advocate migrating the old game here and continuing. We have spent, what, 2-3 months and are only on turn 2? but story has developed and things are moving. It would not be hard to migrate either. A simply copy paste would suffice and then we could continue, maybe replace a few people who dropped out or do not wish to continue.

But, we do need to make a decision soon as the old content will be read only soon and will be completely gone soon after that.

#12 Noshrok Grimskull

Noshrok Grimskull

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 02:48 AM

I agree that we should try and keep the "old" game alive.

The problem we are facing right now is that Ninjadude seems to be lost in time and space...

If someone would be willing to take his part, great. I might, but I tend to write in a rather short and condensed way that doesn't lend itself well to the elaborate tone and mood Ninjadude set with his story so far.

#13 Bravo McWilley

Bravo McWilley

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:05 AM

Anyone who would take over the GM role as played by Ninjadude, should, in my opinion, not be a current player.

#14 Bravo McWilley

Bravo McWilley

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:06 AM

Oh, also, I am kind of invested in my character and would hate to restart new. I'm sure some of the others feel the same.

#15 Overture

Overture

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 03:10 AM

I remember looking in on that thread from time to time and being pretty intimidated by the wealth of story you guys had put together. As a self confessed lurker I'd enjoy seeing the League back together again in some form or other.

#16 Noshrok Grimskull

Noshrok Grimskull

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 04:50 AM

Having someone from outside take over as GM would definitely be best.

You wouldn't do this by any chance, would you Starburn? You get to play (well, sorta) AND save the game! ;)

#17 StarBurn

StarBurn

• Members
  • 271 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 05:20 AM

I was already suggested as a replacement for a player your missing, and frankly If I were to roll your die you would curse my soul, I once rolled 18 die in combat only to score 2 hits against AO.

#18 MechSpike

MechSpike

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 06:53 AM

Edited because I jumped to conclusions :P

I agree we need to continue our old game. I'm very invested in my character. We all knew where we were going and we were getting very comfortable with the story. It won't be hard to find a replacement for NinjaDude and Starburn can take Sirprim's place...If anyone else doesn't want to continue I'm sure we could find another to fill in. I'm definitely with Bravo on this. My vote goes to continuing the game here.

#19 Noshrok Grimskull

Noshrok Grimskull

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 24 November 2008 - 08:38 AM

So does mine.

I like the way the story unfolds and I also like the way my investigator is involved. Also, I already had the next two encounters (my Other World encounters) already drawn and discussed with Ninjadude, which put me in a position to plan my investigator's story as far as Turn 4 already. I'd hate to have that effort go to waste...

#20 tamsyn

tamsyn

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 November 2008 - 12:46 AM

I hope someone is collecting all the old stories from this thread because I don['t have mine still

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS