• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 11:26 AM

Hey everyone. I've been on a real bounty hunter kick lately, and I've noticed that some other forum members really dig them as well, so I've been wondering how many people are interested in them. In particular, what's the general interest among Star Wars fans in a game that really emphasizes bounty hunting? We've seen the old Game Cube game "Bounty Hunter," but it really treated the collection of bounties as an after-thought. To my knowledge, no tabletop game has approached this topic. I'd like to see a game that really incorporates tracking down and apprehending bounties, especially as one of the six OT bounty hunters. So I'm wondering, how many people would be interested in such a game?

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#2 ImmortalJedi

ImmortalJedi

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 September 2011 - 05:20 AM

I'd play a Bounty Hunters game. But, as much of a Fett fan as I am, I wouldn't want the option to play as either Jango or Boba. If FFG wants to create another single players LCG, how about a game where you're a competing member of the Bounty Hunter's Guild and you're playing against a Fett deck (Jango or Boba - depends on the era of the game). Maybe it could be a 1 or 2 player versus game and you could also go against another player, who is not a Fett. I really am a Fett fan, but I think if the characters were made, then everyone would want to play as a Fett and they may be overpowered due to their reputation.

#3 jeditimothy

jeditimothy

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 08:19 AM

when the wotc had the star wars miniature game I collected nothing but jedi and bounty hunters. all so had a killer bounty hunter star wars ccg deck.

#4 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 01:15 PM

I didn't collect the CCG long enough to see any bounty hunters, but a bounty hunter deck sounds like it would have been awesome!

"There is a fine line between neutral and amoral. In fact, there may be no line there at all."

--Count Dooku

#5 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 07:34 PM

The original decipher star wars ccg had a great bounty hunter system. Plenty of the classic bounty hunters, some EU and the phantom menace's aura sing. Though BH were only for Darkside it did involve actually having to play a bounty on an opponents character, then travel to incercept that character, fight and defeat them, take them prisoner and then deliver them to a prison (Deathstar, Jabbas palace, or cloud city) in order to collect the bounty (which was getting lost cards back into your deck, as cards in your deck acted as your life force, once the deck ran out u lost.). the bounty was equal to the "Wanted" characters forfiet value.

The system was great and challenging. But the words were worth it in an intense game. Especially if the opponent was playing high profile power characters like Luke Skywalker, Leia Organa, and of course Han Solo.

The game also incorperated some characters and elements from Shadows of the Empire.

So BH characters worked well when building and playing a Black Sun deck.

Theres a website called holotable.com that allows u to play the game for free, and the Star Wars CCG Players commitee has kept the game alive with free downloadable PDF cards called virtual packs. In these packs they have in a way added newer characters such as Jango Fett, though hes just called the Mandalorian in the game due to lucas films license and sue happy lawyers.

Some of the Bounty Hunters the Decipher ccg had were as follows

Boba Fett (Several versions including one super powerful version)
Bosssk
4-lom
Zuckuss
Dengar
IG-88
Jodo Kast
Aura Sing
Snoova
Greedo
Bane Malar
Ree Yees
and a few others though these are the only ones i can remember off hand, havent played the game in a few months lol

But if you wanna play a star wars card game with bounty hunters that is currently most likely your best option.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#6 Mandalorian2011

Mandalorian2011

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:03 PM

Cant wait to see Boba Fett & Slave I....

#7 yagyu

yagyu

• Members
  • 291 posts

Posted 16 October 2011 - 01:23 PM

well the description page (i think it was that page) does state the empire and bounty hunters if i remember correctly. So the game will have our friend Fett im sure.

"It was so artistically done."-Grand Admiral Thrawn

#8 MarthWMaster

MarthWMaster

• Members
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 25 December 2011 - 06:54 AM

I like the idea of a separate game, though, where you're traveling across the Galaxy, pursuing notorious scum and villainy as a ruthless Bounty Hunter. Perhaps you can even enlist the aid of said scum to assist you, but by doing so you run the risk of having a price placed on your own head, which your rivals may come to collect.

That'd be fun. ^_^

#9 spalanzani

spalanzani

• Members
  • 809 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 05:49 AM

That does sound pretty good, yeah! Hopefully it, or something similar, will be one of these "other" card games mentioned in the initial announcement FFG made...

www.spalanz.com - everything you never wanted to know about me, in one place.

#10 Budgernaut

Budgernaut

The Uncanny One

• Members
  • 1,535 posts

Posted 15 January 2012 - 05:24 PM

I just looked over that new Infiltration game and . . . wow. This game has so many similarities with the Bounty Hunter card game I was working on.

#1: 6 players (6 OT bounty hunters from Executor's bridge in ESB)

#2: larger cards to represent locations (systems in my game)

#3: gathering data files (or bounties) to collect victory points

Okay, so maybe not "so many" similarities, but it was striking to read some of those things in light of what I came up with.

--Count Dooku

#11 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 02 March 2012 - 10:51 PM

A bounty hunters star wars based card game could be a really great stand alone game. Definitely something worth considering. 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS