Grudgebearing King

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 slick

slick

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:55 AM

So since no one posted anything about dwarves for a long time,i'd thought i'd post one with the new cards.Here's the list

3 Mining tunnels

3 Ancenstral Tomb

3 Keystone Forge

3 Contested village

3 Dwarf Cannon crew

3 Grudgebearers

3 Dwarf rangers

3 Veteran slayers

3 Tunnel fighters

3 Longbeards

3 Slayers of karak kadrin

3 Beleagured scouts

2 King Kazador

2 Duregan Thorgrimson

3 Thorgrim Grudgebearer

2 Grudge Throwers

3 demolition

3 Stand your ground

3 ancient debts repaid

So the general idea is to build the kingdom with supports and cannon crew and develop anywhere you like to draw cards with mining tunnels.Make sure you develop some units to make full use of ancient debts.Remember,the quest says when a dwarf unit enters the discard pile from play so it just checks when it enters the discard regardless wether it was a development. When you sack devs to deal 1 dmg to attackers you get 1 token on the quest which can then be used as though it was gold.I usually like to play a free tunnel fighter and therefore sac three developments that were dwarf units to get 3 gold on the quest.

You can also sac king kazador that was developed and stand your ground him for full mileige. The deck really shines once the legend hits the board.It's pretty hard to kill him with dwarf slayers around and the veteran slayers that can just sac themselves and you deal 3 dmg to their attackers.Once he's down its pretty easy to clear defense or offense with grudge throwers.Feel free to comment on the deck.Thanks.

#2 Wichtel

Wichtel

• Members
  • 37 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

I tried this deck and it works great. But I do feel it depends a lot on the Thrower so I put in 3 and used Serpent Slayers since I have no Longbeards. They are ok but you need to be more careful with your developments.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS