Reprints?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Mestre dos Magos

Mestre dos Magos

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 08:57 AM

So, do you guys think there will ever be reprints for the out of stock expansions?

I know some people do not care, but I do care to collect all expansions, it makes me uncomfortable to know that this or that expansion I will never be able to acquire.

I started to check on all the out of print expansions and got scared of the rarity status on some of them.

It kinda made me happy to see a collection box, which ran out of stock pretty fast, and it would be nice to know what FFG plans for Runebound...

Will it be reprinted? Will it be given a new face like Game of Thrones, or will it fall into forgetfulness?

Meanwhile, if anyone has a complete collection to sell, or a good collection of expansions, let me know ;)

#2 Steve-O

Steve-O

• Members
  • 4,554 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 12:09 PM

Well, there was the Essentials box that reprinted 6 card expansions in one box.  If that one sells well, hopefully other card "waves" will see a similar box treatment.  I wouldn't count on them reprinting the card expansions separately, though.  If they were going to do that, I don't think they would've let them lapse into obscurity like they have.

(Unless they convert them to a POD model, which might work out quite nicely.)

As far as big boxes go, the only one I know of that's out of print is Midnight.  That one is definitely gone and won't be getting reprinted, FFG was pretty explicit about that at the time, as I recall.

#3 danman71

danman71

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 03:12 PM

Do you think they did wave 3 as the essetials collection because they had stock left?

#4 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 14 September 2011 - 08:39 PM

danman71 said:

Do you think they did wave 3 as the essetials collection because they had stock left? 

I think so. Or just because they were the easiest to reprint. If they should have done a "real" Essentials expansion, they shound have chosen the BEST expansions of each type, which in my opinion are:

Item/Allies expansion: Champions of Kellos & Weapons of Legend

Challenge card expansions: Shadows of Margath & Terrors of the Tomb

Adventure Variants: The Cataclysm & Cult of the Rune

3rd wave had some questionable expansions such as Traps & Terrors  and The Seven Scions. Rituals & Runes is a special expansion (gives you lots of Runes and completely new Items, Rituals) and should not have been included in an "Essentials" box. Others are ok.

#5 danman71

danman71

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 04:29 AM

As far as obtaining them, the Hardest ones to get seem to be:

Artifacts & Allies

The Dark Forest

Terrors of the Tomb

Drakes & Dragonspawn

I am guessing the first 3 as wave 1 sold the best and Drakes sold well on theme as part of wave 2?

#6 The_Warlock

The_Warlock

• Members
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 07:35 PM

danman71 said:

As far as obtaining them, the Hardest ones to get seem to be:

Artifacts & Allies

The Dark Forest

Terrors of the Tomb

Drakes & Dragonspawn

I am guessing the first 3 as wave 1 sold the best and Drakes sold well on theme as part of wave 2?

I also had trouble with Artifacts & Allies, which I had to purchase in the US while living in Europe. Considering what's inside the box, I am not very happy with my investment besides the sense of completeness.

The Dark Forest is so-so, but ultimately ok. Other two expansions are great and I don't understand why only Drakes & Dragonspawn has become so rare. It happens sometimes with game components, perhaps because of the visual appeal. Sir Alric Farrow miniature from Descent Road To Legend is another nice example: it's a cool-looking miniature and almost every owner of RtL wanted to buy it. Perhaps almost every Runebound owner wanted a Drakes expansion as you suggest.

#7 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 09:33 PM

Hehe, irony of ironies that my FLGS is still listing Drakes in stock but I haven't managed to get any of the three expansions I would really like: Dark Forest, Terrors of the Tomb and Scepter of Kyros.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#8 danman71

danman71

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:04 AM

Dam said:

Hehe, irony of ironies that my FLGS is still listing Drakes in stock but I haven't managed to get any of the three expansions I would really like: Dark Forest, Terrors of the Tomb and Scepter of Kyros.

Who is your FLGS?   I still need Drakes.   I have ordred it online about 5 times and each time the store comes back and cancels it on me.

#9 Dam

Dam

• Members
  • 7,272 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 04:58 AM

It's a Finnish store, very doubtful they would ship outside Finland (maybe Sweden). Even if they did, shipping from Finland is sickly high.

"A dirty mind is its own reward."

#10 danman71

danman71

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

Dam said:

It's a Finnish store, very doubtful they would ship outside Finland (maybe Sweden). Even if they did, shipping from Finland is sickly high.

Nevermind then.   I found once place in Germany that had it, but they wanted 30 Euro to ship it.   I'll keep looking in the US.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS