i just started playing battles of westeros, and the more i play it , the more i love it..
great game of ffg imo.
i have some questions that aren't that clear to me in the rules:
1) When a unit attacks another unit the defender has a change to counterattack the attacking unit if he did not have to retreat. Does morale results trigger when rolling dice during a counterattack? since its actually a defending units abillity and in core rules are marked that attacking unit may choose to trigger the morale result or not.
2) does hits stack? for example, units that have cover or toughness can ignore first hit been done to them, so if i have for example two units attacking one opponent unit and i got 1 hit with my engaged unit, and again 1 hit with my flanking unit does those hits stack and cause the defender to remove one figure from the board, or do i need to do two hits with one attacking unit at once?
3) i played the third scenario of the core game, and one of the stark leaders has toughness 1 in that scenario (don't remember his name). When you have following situation
a) only the stark leader remains of the unit -> to capture him you need to do three hits i assume (2 for his capture rating + thougness 1).
b) if the toughness 1 was provided by the infantry card but not by the leadership card itself do you need to do then two hits to capture him or still three. I assume two hits, because all infantry on the unit are destroyed, so the leader also loses the thougness 1 provided by the infantry card.
4) i assume when you make a flank attack against the defending unit, the defending unit has still the possibility to counterattack even if engaged with another unit? or can a defending unit only counterattack once during a round?
5) when you make a flank attack against another defending unit which causes the defender to retreat, can you advance or persue with the engaged unit even if already routed?
thx for replying. kr wesley, keep on playing