Photo

Looking for Balanced Beginner Decks for the Houses.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Zephryl

Zephryl

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:08 PM

I originally posted this in the General Discussion before I remmembered there was a specific section for Deck Building, so I'll post it again here where it might get some more replies

" Well I've been learning how to play and practicing over OCTGN, but it's been pointed out to me a few times that the Core Decks aren't very well balanced.

Does anyone have any suggestions for some Decks that are more balanced? Preferably using just the Core Set cards if possible, I'd like to have a better grasp of the game before having to think about Shadows or Seasons.

Thanks!"

I don't really have the skills or experience yet to start building my own decks, so I was hoping some people that have been playing a lot longer had some decks already built.

Also, I'm currently only playing Joust.

Thanks for any and all help~

#2 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 09:49 PM

Here, have a look at this thread, maybe that helps.

#3 Starblayde

Starblayde

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 10:11 PM

Expanding a single Core Set slightly, Darksbane's deck lists over on cardgame db - www.cardgamedb.com/forums/index.php (which is also linked to from within the thread Ratatoskr linked to) - with 2 copies of the Core Set are relatively balanced, as they're streamlining each house a little more.

Grift on boardgamegeek - boardgamegeek.com/thread/520495/kots-and-pots-pre-con-decks-competative-vs-core-se - also has great ideas on what to do with adding Kings of the Sea and Princes of the Sun in as two further House options, again relatively balanced with the Core Sets (though I'd argue a little stronger, hence the 2x Core Set link, bringing them roughly into line)

There's no real way of pitching all six (or, in fact, any combination) of Houses at exactly the same strength, but these are - probably - close enough, and you don't have to worry about Shadows, Seasons or anything else.

#4 Zephryl

Zephryl

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 11:10 PM

Awesome! Thanks, all those links were really helpful. I have a nice selection of decks now. I appreciate the help~

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS