Street Date fir Dust Warfare book??

• Please log in to reply
98 replies to this topic

#1 madmaxknick50

madmaxknick50

• Members
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 04:19 AM

Hey FFG ... do we have a street date in the 4th quarter for the book yet? You might have to cract the whip on Andy Chambers to get him to finish ... LOL!

#2 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 06:12 AM

madmaxknick50 said:

Hey FFG ... do we have a street date in the 4th quarter for the book yet? You might have to cract the whip on Andy Chambers to get him to finish ... LOL!

FFG rarely announces an actual release date/month as it has bit them in the ass in the past. (see most Warhammer 40K RPG books).

However, I have heard October/November so I sould expect it December/January.

I imagine they are waiting for a few more units to be publicly available (Heavy Walkers, Red Devils, StormGrenadiers and so forth) to make the game more appealling to a wider market.

But FFG is pretty generous about releasing PDF rules early, so a test play/introductory set of rules wouldnt surprise me by the end of September.

#3 JigBakerSugar

JigBakerSugar

• Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 07:16 AM

I doubt they will release a PDF of this, as it would be literally giving away the entire product. They may make it available for a fee, like some of their RPGs, but probably not before the printed book.

#4 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 08:20 AM

JigBakerSugar said:

I doubt they will release a PDF of this, as it would be literally giving away the entire product. They may make it available for a fee, like some of their RPGs, but probably not before the printed book.

A full version, no of course not. A tone down test-play or introductory version, sure why not?

It may not have all the rules, but it will have enough to get a hang of the differences from Tactics and it would have examples and pics of units and figures either just released or yet to be released. Something to whet the appetite and make people even more eager.

If anything, FFG is partially a internet gaming company, it doesnt have a chain of stores like GW where it can host demo games of new releases, but it can tease you along with free PDFs to share with your friends and so people like us go to game stores and hold our own demos.

#5 CptGrimstar

CptGrimstar

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 September 2011 - 01:03 PM

Smart thing to do is for larger style stores to have a designated person to host games, like Privateer press has "Press Ganger" or whatever they're called.  That way they can have more dedication to it.

#6 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 20 September 2011 - 07:46 AM

A "one page rules" idea would work pretty well.  It is how I have taught people how to play.  No "funky" units, just the stuff from the original core and throw in the sniper squad.  Gets them movement rules, shooting rules, LOS, basic cover and a few simple special rules.  How hard is it?

#7 King Jareth

King Jareth

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:20 AM

Reliable? I don't know but Maelstrom games' website has a release date on it

#8 Gobbo

Gobbo

• Members
  • 365 posts

Posted 27 September 2011 - 05:48 PM

King Jareth said:

Reliable? I don't know but Maelstrom games' website has a release date on it

Not sure that is right.  It is still in playtest and has some bugs still, but it is a good looking set of rules.  I would say November is more likely.

#9 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:53 PM

Playtesting would be fun.

#10 bigoc

bigoc

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:41 AM

Maelstrom says that is already on sale, is this true???

#11 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 23 October 2011 - 02:25 PM

According to Maelstrom:

"This item will be ordered from the supplier and usually dispatched within two working days of arrival."

So they'll "order from the supplier" - so that doesn't really mean much.  They can certainly order it now but who knows when it would arrive.

#12 Moses2813

Moses2813

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 05 November 2011 - 10:36 AM

The latest Game Trader Magazine at my LGS stated the The Dust Wargare book ships in December.

It also had two units for Dust Tactics and the Operation Cerabus shipping in December as well.

#13 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 12:30 AM

Moses2813 said:

The latest Game Trader Magazine at my LGS stated the The Dust Wargare book ships in December.

It also had two units for Dust Tactics and the Operation Cerabus shipping in December as well.

That might be useful.  Unless I successfully get real creative with razor knifes, wire, green stuff, glue and paint, I'm out of the Dust biz for a bit.  October & November's gaming budgets are gone plus part of my Fathers' Day present for Necrons.   If I do the crafty thing right though, I'll save myself over $200 US, which will be useful.

#14 deedob

deedob

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 01:48 AM

Algesan said:

Moses2813 said:

That might be useful.  Unless I successfully get real creative with razor knifes, wire, green stuff, glue and paint, I'm out of the Dust biz for a bit.  October & November's gaming budgets are gone plus part of my Fathers' Day present for Necrons.   If I do the crafty thing right though, I'll save myself over $200 US, which will be useful.

Tell me about it. When Cerberus is released, the two heavy walkers are sure not to be far behind (if they are not released at the same time). Dust Warfare looks also like it's going to be released at "around" the same time.

For people who wants all that it's 40$ Cerberus + 40$ allies heavy + 40$ axis heavy + 40$ Warfare = too much $$$

#15 felkor

felkor

• Members
  • 1,001 posts

Posted 07 November 2011 - 03:36 AM

deedob said:

For people who wants all that it's 40$ Cerberus + 40$ allies heavy + 40$ axis heavy + 40$ Warfare = too much $$$

True, it's a lot of money, but you can take of $10 off each of those items if buying from just about any online retailer.

#16 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 12 November 2011 - 12:32 AM

felkor said:

deedob said:

True, it's a lot of money, but you can take of $10 off each of those items if buying from just about any online retailer.

And you dont have to buy all of them at once. Fortunately for me, I have two allied players in the area (without having to play at FLGS) and a potential extra Axis player. For me its Warfare and then Cerebus and then a single Axis Heavy. Divided between December, January, February and I might see if the wife is willing to slate one or two as Xmas gifts.

But honestly, for Dust Warfare, if you have a group only one person needs to buy it at first, see how it is and if it is good enough then others buy it.

At Miniature Market, Cerebus is only $29.97, Dust Warfare is only $25.97, Heavy Walkers are only $25.97. (all three $81.91 or all four $107.89)

The Hero Packs and Heavy Command Squads are $12.97 and the Red Devils and Heavy Grenadiers are only $9.72.

#17 Algesan

Algesan

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:41 AM

felkor said:

deedob said:

The trick is to wait about a month and then the discounts start showing up.  Unfortunately, between GW finally releasing a new Necron codex, me getting lucky on some lowball bids on Ebay and needing an expensive new piece of yard equipment, I'm stuck with no budget until January or February.  I just ate up October, November, December & late Father's Day.

#18 Major Headcase

Major Headcase

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 04:03 PM

I feel kinda guilty now..... I have no kids, not married, no lawn to mow ( and have said mower brake!), and a job that supports my mini addiction quite well!!!

I will be getting all the new stuff the day my local store get them in! ( I think its worth a little extra to support my helpful game stores.)

BUT, one cannot buy what is not on the shelves.......... Hurry up FFG! I'm begging you!

#19 Dcal12

Dcal12

• Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 18 November 2011 - 10:21 AM

Major Headcase said:

I feel kinda guilty now..... I have no kids, not married, no lawn to mow ( and have said mower brake!), and a job that supports my mini addiction quite well!!!

I will be getting all the new stuff the day my local store get them in! ( I think its worth a little extra to support my helpful game stores.)

BUT, one cannot buy what is not on the shelves.......... Hurry up FFG! I'm begging you!

No guilt here 8 )  I too get everything as soon as it is released.  I order the painted as soon as they are released and buy the unpainted from my local game store so I can destroy them with my painting skills.

Seems forever since anything was released so I have been saving up money. 

#20 Peacekeeper_b

Peacekeeper_b

• Members
  • 2,478 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 11:45 PM

Dont fret over it headcase. I literally just got married on Saturday and so literally just stopped the impulse buying, Truth is, the Heavy Grenadiers, the NCO Sturmgrenadiers, the Axis Heavy Walker, Dust Warfare and Operation Cerebus will be my last Dust purchases for quite a while. And Dust Warfare and Cerebus will probably be joint purchases from our play group.

Major Headcase said:

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS