Photo

Fantasy Flight Games - Best Customer Service Ever! (I mean it)

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OldManWhateley

OldManWhateley

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 03:17 PM

Not long ago, back in the fall, I somehow misplaced a good portion of my Arkham Horror playing pieces during a move to my new house. These lost pieces included the characters, money, dooom tokens, etc. Basically, I had all the cards and board but none of the pieces. As I am long-time board gamer that still remembers Avalon Hill and SPI, I figured that I would call up FFG's customer service department and place an order for replacement parts.

Now, for some of you who do not know, it was common place long ago to be able to order replacement parts for games, Let's say you are missing all the German unit chits for battle of the Bulge. No problem, just place an order and you get a fresh new counter sheet. Now, this does not seem like much, but over the years, this ability to place orders for specific game parts has become increasingly harder to do. If you lose a portion of playing pieces for a game you have no other option than to buy the entire game brand new to simply replace a portion of the game.

So, I call up FFG's customer service, only to be told that you cannot order replacement pieces. At this point I was bummed - for all 2 seconds -until the girl at customer service explained that they can ship me out replacement pieces for anything I am missing. All I needed to do was send an email listing all the pieces I needed. AND THIS IS FREE OF CHARGE AND ABSOLUTELY NO SHIPPING COST!

Suffice to say, I was flabbergasted by this. I felt wrong in not even paying the shipping cost, and offered to put the shipping on my credit card. Nope, she said, we'll take care of everything.

To FFG, I must say that, with such wonderful service to your customers -something that is severely deficient in other companies - you have hooked me as a customer for life, even more so than I was before. You are to be commended for maintaining the most important component to your business - your customers. All I can say is bravo!

#2 Wordmaker

Wordmaker

• Members
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 January 2009 - 11:25 PM

That's awesome. I've always loved FFG's quality and production values, but hearing stuff like that is just the icing on the cake.

#3 zeb

zeb

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 05:25 AM

I completely agree, FFG provides a very comprehensive, friendly and efficient customer service. I also lost a chit a couple of months ago of my AH 1st edition box (a $10 chit). Although I am a UK resident, they dispatched the missing chit to my address, also free of charge! I cannot recommend a better company when it comes to service.

#4 MrsGamura

MrsGamura

• Members
  • 651 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 07:26 AM

hmmm...my AH board is all weird and warped maybe I should give them a call. 

#5 maphisto_2000

maphisto_2000

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

I have to agree. At Christmas, a friends dog managed get hold of one of the AH cards and chewed it to pieces.

One email to FFG and a replacement card was shipped to me in the U.K!

#6 Avi_dreader

Avi_dreader

Evil Rules Lawyer From Hell

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 24 January 2009 - 09:58 AM

MrsGamura said:

hmmm...my AH board is all weird and warped maybe I should give them a call. 

My AH board is peeling apart :'P Personally, I'd gladly be willing to pay a few dollars for shipping to get a new one.

And maybe I could ask for a cultist chit I'm missing ;'D  No, it didn't just disappear into my forum avatar— or did it?

#7 Razrael

Razrael

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:10 AM

Got to say it.

This level of CS is very welcome in this day and age.

Makes you want to buy more of their games just because they are so cool!

#8 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 09:31 AM

Heck, I once bought a booster box of Game of Thrones cards and it only had 35 packs. I contacted them just to let them know about, and they sent out a replacement for the missing booster pack. That is service!

#9 dkw

dkw

• Members
  • 217 posts

Posted 25 January 2009 - 03:33 PM

Eagle Games used to do that, until they over extended themselves and went bankrupt.  I believe Days of Wonder also does that.

Now, if only their rule wording and clarifications were as good.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS