Photo

Characters/Lines from ADwD you'd like to see made into cards.

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 10:28 AM

Reading Ben's favorite quotes thread

http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/edge_foros_discusion.asp?efid=19&efcid=4&efidt=521668

gave me this idea. Ever since I started playing this game, I've always liked when great lines/characters got turned into great cards. To me, it enhances both the game AND the books. For example, I played with the card "Bones of a Child" before I read it in the book (as did most everyone I imagine) and not only did I have a nerdy moment of excitement when I got to that line, but it seemed weightier than it might otherwise have been. (As a side note, I also get bummed out when great lines become sub-par cards;"Someone ALways Tells" being an example)

With that said, what lines/characters from A Dance with Dragons do you particularly want to see turned into cards? Feel free to add in what type of card, what you think it should do in-game, etc.

Personally, I'd love to see a House-Stark only event "The North Remembers" perhaps as a Shadows event that somehow increases claim.

"Words are wind" (which EVERYONE in the book seems to say) sounds like a fun neutral event...what should it do, though?

Hizdahr zo Loraq might be a good Targaryen character. 3 Str, Intrigue and Power, Noble Crest, Lord, (maybe even King) and some fun, perhaps traitor-ish ability.

Wyman Manderly, Iron Emmett,  and The Widow of Barrowton would also make good cards I think.

Discuss!

#2 Starblayde

Starblayde

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:25 AM

Griff, Little Griff, Duck, Halfmaester, the sexy Septa (who's name I forget) and the rest of the motley crew that Tyrion joins up with would fit well as Targ/Neutral characters. A few of the Golden Company and some of the other sellsword Legions would go down nicely, too.

A faceless Arya could be fairly awesome, also.

Quite what Quentyn Martell and his two companions could do for Martell though, I'm not sure.

#3 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 09:30 PM

Wun Wun!

Also Tormund, of course (though he's not a new character, but a glaring omission from the LCG so far). Robert Strong. Brazen Beasts. Moqorro/the Black Flame.

Dance with Dragons has really given us such a nice array of new characters, I hope we will see most of them in the cycle after Tale of Champions.

#4 Starblayde

Starblayde

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

Saturnine said:

Wun Wun!

Yes, perfect!

#5 Hamster Friend

Hamster Friend

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2011 - 11:58 PM

+1 to Wun Wun and Robert Strong.

#6 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:01 AM

Some new Night's Watch characters would be good as well, Bowen Marsh et al.

#7 Starblayde

Starblayde

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:16 AM

Saturnine said:

Some new Night's Watch characters would be good as well, Bowen Marsh et al.

This begs the question, why don't we have a Donal Noye and a Fist of the First Men already? I'd even put a case forward for Ser Weymar Royce ;)

#8 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:25 AM

Oh, and Bloodraven (looking forward to the card art on that one)

#9 Shenanigans

Shenanigans

• Members
  • 261 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:32 AM

Saturnine said:

Yes indeed. I'd like to see two Bloodravens in fact; one historical and one current.

And yes, Wun-Wun, of course! How could they make a good unique out of him though? 5 Str, Military icon, Deadly, Wildling? That doesn't seem like enough by itself. Maybe "Response: Kneel Wun-Wun to dismember an uppity Southron knight" would be appropriate?

Personally, I'd like to see Robert Strong in action before we get a card.

#10 JerusalemJones

JerusalemJones

• Members
  • 1,716 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 12:26 PM

I think it would be cool to have a new Targ sub-theme revolvoing around Young Grif. Thanks to Dance, there are now Targ cousins that are similar to the Baratheon brothers, and I'd like to see these opportunites exploited.

#11 Rubinon

Rubinon

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:28 PM

Aren't they nephew and aunt?

Bur I like the idea of a distinct feel for the Young Griff faction (ceterum censeo I would like a Westerosi supporters of the Targaryens subtheme with a special feel as well).

#12 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 02:58 PM

Starblayde said:

Quite what Quentyn Martell and his two companions could do for Martell though, I'm not sure.

I vote he gets the Fool trait, like Moon Boy and Ser Dontos.

#13 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 03:15 PM

I'd also be happy to see a "For the Realm and for the children" card or something similar. 

#14 Mighty Jim

Mighty Jim

• Members
  • 505 posts

Posted 07 September 2011 - 12:06 AM

I feel like "words are wind" should be similar in effect to "paper shield", in terms of cancellation. Maybe use it to cancel a character's triggered ability?

#15 Starblayde

Starblayde

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:05 PM

Saturnine said:

Having now read the Dunk & Egg stories, I fully agree (and kinda wish I'd read those somewhere in between ACoK and AFfC, for maximum effect).

#16 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 12 September 2011 - 11:41 PM

Starblayde said:

(and kinda wish I'd read those somewhere in between ACoK and AFfC, for maximum effect).

Same here. I didn't read the second and third Dunk & Egg story until after ADWD, so I really missed out while reading the Bran chapters.

#17 EviLaz

EviLaz

• Members
  • 24 posts

Posted 23 September 2011 - 08:01 AM

I want a neutral Hugor Hill, I also want some Pit Fighter's and Khal Pono.  I'd like Dany's new husband (whose name I forgot) as a King card.  I'd love a new Jeyne Pool as a false Arya.  Perhaps a new Rattleshirt/Mance.  Any of the Young Griff/Old Griff crew and of course a lot of mercenaries from the stories.  Oh and Penny and her pigs! 

#18 Mortuss

Mortuss

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 October 2011 - 10:14 AM

lol can you imagine Pretty Pig as an attachment for tyrion? it would be : every time character is participating in a challenge, loose 1 power :)

#19 Skowza

Skowza

• Members
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 11:55 AM

I've been watching the show too much recently, I want a "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors" card!

#20 KristoffStark

KristoffStark

• Members
  • 529 posts

Posted 11 May 2012 - 12:27 PM

Skowza said:

I've been watching the show too much recently, I want a "The Night is Dark and Full of Terrors" card!

There WAS one in the CCG, a plot card "Dark and Full of Terrors," part of a cycle of plot cards with the Others trait.

I'd like to see them reprinted.

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS