Any love for Indianapolis?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MarcJWaters

MarcJWaters

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 05:29 AM

I really want to get into this game... but it is pointless if I have no one to play against. Does anyone know if there are stores in Indianapolis (even Louisville) that have weekly LCG nights? Do let me know. If not, I will have to wait for the star wars LCG.

#2 Random_Person

Random_Person

• Members
  • 130 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 07:42 AM

Once a year, you could play in the World championship!  :)

That's all I got to play last year...

#3 TheProfessor

TheProfessor

• Members
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 02 September 2011 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, living in the town that sponsors GenCon makes it hard to get sympathy for "lack of love" from the rest of us! 

#4 Sluggonics

Sluggonics

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 04 September 2011 - 09:55 AM

TheProfessor said:

Yeah, living in the town that sponsors GenCon makes it hard to get sympathy for "lack of love" from the rest of us! 

Surprisingly, Indy doesn't have that robust a gaming scene.  As the annual host of Gen Con, I'm not sure why.  Even Fort Wayne, a smallish city in the northeast corner of Indiana where I grew up, has more of a happening gaming scene than Indy.

#5 dboeren

dboeren

• Members
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 06 September 2011 - 06:04 AM

Honestly, only a handful of places have a well-developed Cthulhu scene, so most of us are in the same boat.

The thing to do is ask around your friends, see who's interested, and start a group on your own.  It only takes one person to have an opponent and then once you've got a couple of players it gets easier to recruit more.

#6 Kaine82

Kaine82

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 October 2011 - 06:16 AM

We have a Warhammer Invasion League in Louisville that has been talking about playing other LCGs from time to time. There has been some real interest in Call of Cthulhu on the forum(see thread about other Living Card Games).

Here is our schedule for those interested:

Warhammer Invasion - Fridays from 6:30PM - 12AM

Board Game Madness -  2 Saturdays a month - 4PM - 12AM

BluegrassMagic GameShop - get directions
5629 Outer Loop,
Louisville, KY 40219

502-964-1170

For more detailed information about or gaming schedule check out our meetup site:

Louisville WHI and Board Game Group

Play LCGs in Louisville KY :: Monthly tournaments at 2 locations!

Wednesdays :: Something2Do :: 6:30PM - 10:00PM

Fridays :: BluegrassMagic GameShop :: 6:30 PM - Midnight

RSVP :: meetup.com/cardboardgamers

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS