Uneasy truce

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 LuciusII

LuciusII

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 05:34 AM

Can someone tell what happened when u use that card and u don't have 2 gold to pay attack   !

And second  how to use Dragonstone port card?

#2 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 06:32 AM

LuciusII said:

Can someone tell what happened when u use that card and u don't have 2 gold to pay attack   !

And second  how to use Dragonstone port card?

If Uneasy Truce is out, it creates a requirement that in order to initiate the military challenge, you have to pay the 2 gold. If you don't have the 2 gold, you can't attack. If you have to take the bus downtown and the bus costs $5, you aren't going downtown if you don't have the $5.

Dragonstone Port says that everyone chooses their plot card to reveal for the round and sets it to the side. Then, the person with the Port can trigger the effect and say the title of a plot card. Then, all the players reveal the plot that they have already set aside - they cannot choose a different one based on the plot title the Port's controller named.

#3 LuciusII

LuciusII

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 28 August 2011 - 09:14 PM

thx for answering.

#4 LuciusII

LuciusII

• Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 01:58 AM

ktom said:

Then, all the players reveal the plot that they have already set aside - they cannot choose a different one based on the plot title the Port's controller named.

How do i know names of opponents plot cards? That part isn't quite clear to me.

#5 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 02:08 AM

LuciusII said:

ktom said:

Then, all the players reveal the plot that they have already set aside - they cannot choose a different one based on the plot title the Port's controller named.

How do i know names of opponents plot cards? That part isn't quite clear to me.

You don't. You guess. This is a card for more experienced players, who know the plot decks. Here is a list of all the plots in the core set. When I was a new player, I printed this for the Bara player to use. HTH.

#6 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 08:51 PM

And if two of those plots are out, the attacker has to pay the defender 4 gold, right?

#7 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:13 PM

Ratatoskr said:

And if two of those plots are out, the attacker has to pay the defender 4 gold, right?

Trying to confirm here before dropping the knowledge on the Heidelberger forums? ;)

#8 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 10:29 PM

Saturnine said:

Trying to confirm here before dropping the knowledge on the Heidelberger forums? ;)

It's the only way, no? ;)

That said, nvm my above inquiry. I posted it unthinkingly and on a whim. The answer is glaringly obvious.

BTW, Saturnine, will you be at Stahleck? The other Q&TR guys and me are planning to have a drunk FAQ trivia quiz, and that sounds like it's exactly your kind of thing ;)

#9 Saturnine

Saturnine

• Members
  • 1,558 posts

Posted 08 November 2012 - 11:30 PM

Ratatoskr said:

BTW, Saturnine, will you be at Stahleck? The other Q&TR guys and me are planning to have a drunk FAQ trivia quiz, and that sounds like it's exactly your kind of thing ;)

No -- sadly, I will not be there. My Game of Thrones related activity has dropped significantly over the course of this year, and I couldn't bring myself to schedule and finance a trip to Stahleck (though now that I've learned there'll be a Netrunner side event, I'm even more regretful about not attending). And while a drunk FAQ quiz sounds hilarious, I doubt there's a legal level on inebriation that would severely impair your by now disturbingly intimate knowledge of the FAQ ;)

I'm looking forward to hearing all the reports, though, and I wish you in particular the best of luck. Bring the European Championship title to Germany!

#10 Khudzlin

Khudzlin

• Members
  • 1,395 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 05:16 AM

Legal level of inebriation? Can't you get as drunk as you wish if you don't do anything to put other people in danger?

#11 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:02 PM

Ratatoskr said:

The answer is glaringly obvious.
And by "glaringly obvious" you mean "you treat each card as a separate effect, so by answering one, then the other, you end up going through 4 gold total"?

#12 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 02:06 AM

ktom said:

Ratatoskr said:

The answer is glaringly obvious.

And by "glaringly obvious" you mean "you treat each card as a separate effect, so by answering one, then the other, you end up going through 4 gold total"?

It is glaringly obvious that the answer to this question by ktom is yes. Sorry, I should have just given the correct answer instead of making obscure remarks.

P.S. I find it a bit scay that you still find time for the rules board, what with all that's going on at worlds. 

#13 ktom

ktom

• Members
  • 7,411 posts

Posted 10 November 2012 - 03:46 AM

Ratatoskr said:

P.S. I find it a bit scay that you still find time for the rules board, what with all that's going on at worlds. 
~What's going on?

#14 Ratatoskr

Ratatoskr

• Members
  • 1,552 posts

Posted 11 November 2012 - 07:23 AM

ktom said:

Ratatoskr said:

~What's going on?

~Uh - some big-assed Thrones tourney?

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS