Any chance for an online edition of the lcg

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Madfoxinator

Madfoxinator

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 27 August 2011 - 09:31 AM

I was curious if there was any chance of an online version of any of the LCG's. I don't know whether it would be possible but I would love it if I could transfer my currently owned collection online and play with friends. I would definitely put more money into expansions if I knew this could be a consistent game rather than one I only get to play once a month or so.

#2 spirit

spirit

• Members
  • 417 posts

Posted 29 August 2011 - 06:14 AM

FFG aren't known for online games support. 

#3 Svenn

Svenn

• Members
  • 431 posts

Posted 31 August 2011 - 03:38 AM

While not quite the same as a PC version of an LCG... you could do what a friend and I are doing and play with video chat. We simply sat down with our laptops across from each other and entered a video chat session on Skype. We aimed the cameras down at our play area so we could see each other's setup. We were able to play a full game this way with little trouble.

I'm going to write up a post about this on my blog and how we overcame some of the small hurdles along the way, but basically you'd either read your cards off to the other player, hold them up to the camera so they can see them, or just name the cards and let the player look it up on deckbox. When playing attachments on another player's cards the player with the attachment would play it and put it to the side and the other player would make a note of the attachment on their end.

While not a perfect way to play, this actually worked quite well. We'll definitely be doing this some more. I also see the potential in this for some online long distance leagues.

#4 Lord Nat

Lord Nat

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 November 2011 - 05:23 PM

I really don't get why Fantacy Flight does not jump on a online version of their Living Card Game system.

They have basically created card game DLC with the packs. So just make a basic platform for the games to be played in, make a plug in for each game, sell the packs for them as they come out.

Get it up on Steam and then I can see their sales exploding.

#5 Dwnhmcntryboy

Dwnhmcntryboy

• Members
  • 176 posts

Posted 06 November 2011 - 10:22 AM

Lord Nat said:

I really don't get why Fantacy Flight does not jump on a online version of their Living Card Game system.

They have basically created card game DLC with the packs. So just make a basic platform for the games to be played in, make a plug in for each game, sell the packs for them as they come out.

Get it up on Steam and then I can see their sales exploding.

Wow you act like this should be a breeze. Sorry mate but writing programs and getting additional rights to host the images and publish said content in an online format take Time, that FFG has to pay employees for and Money for the Rights.

While yes it looks like everything is there for it, that is certainly not the case.

Writing a secure code is a pain in the butt. OR you have to pay another company to use their code to host your stuff which again costs more money.

Yeah I would say they don't do it because of lack of money to venture into another format.

On the other hand you could use Lackey to host the game if you want to take the time to program it.

#6 Checksix

Checksix

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 05:33 AM

I want this for my Samsung Galaxy Tab so very badly 

© 2013 Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc. Fantasy Flight Games and the FFG logo are ® of Fantasy Flight Publishing, Inc.  All rights reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Use | Contact | User Support | Rules Questions | Help | RSS